2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I like about Frank is that he has learned and stopped the gung ho all out attack bs that this group just cant produce, but made a nice mix of sitting back, press at the right moments relentlesly, hit where it counts and then sit back in resilience, covering the advantage. No allardyce ball either. He might just have found the sweet spot for this group to work in. With this play, we can beat anyone, and as today shows, also away. Lets hope this continues.

Hes a growing manager and we need to grow as a club with him, no more quick fixes, trying to buy our way to glory, no more reboots if we have bad runs.

We still have a job of work to do, focus, concentration and no drop in standards between now and the end of the season. I like that he had the self awareness to see we needed to fight and be pragmatic to get results, I don’t think it’s his plan A, but I think it shows great maturity in a young manager to be adaptable and flexible.

I want to say three things that bode very well for me, 1) He can set a team up tactically, our shape and conisistrcey over the last five games has been superb, every player knows their job and role. 2) Every player is playing for him, that’s something some very high profile managers haven’t been able to do here. 3) He is getting the best out of all players and improving them - think of the under performing players or players who just didn’t fit here and we’re considered a waste of money when he took over, now there are hardly any, every player in the squad bar DCL and Tosun have contributed and improved under him, he’s making assets out of what were misfits or 10s of millions of bad signings. I think that’s remarkable I really do - incredible.

Im not fooling myself,we have a job of work to do this season, but he has United the club, I often talked about the disconnect between the players, club and fans - it’s back and that leaves hope, he has been the catalyst.

If we stay up this season, he has a huge job ahead of him in transitioning this club, we are playing a certain way, ultimately I think he wants to play differently, we need to back him and leave him alone for a few years regradless of ups and downs. It’s what we’ve needed for a long time now, to actually build and have an identity. We look to be building an identity now, or rather getting it back, with the hope that Evertons identity can be meaningful again.

Over to you Frank.
The experience of going through this will be of enormous use. He'll have proven himself as a top flight manager if / when he gets us safe.

He's won his spurs here at this club...or is winning them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.