2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don’t get what has happened TBH?
It’s weird, isn’t it?

Lampard obviously doesn’t think he’s ready - for whatever reason. It can only be physical or mental.

Part of me obviously wonders if he wants out, but if he does, he’s hardly putting himself in the shop window.

So perhaps there’s something bigger going on. That we’re not party to.

With any other player, I might wonder if it’s a confidence thing… but this lad doesn’t lack confidence, as shown by his modelling stuff.

Who knows?

On the bench in case needed, only just back from a serious injury.

Didnt even play today and people lining up to have a pop.

Christ.
Only just back.... Not really...

His head hasn't seemed in it since he missed that pen.. just my observations...

If we were 2-1 down he would have been the right sub. But at 2-1 up it would have been a huge gamble to bring him on, and I agree with the sub Lampard made. We needed someone to get us up the pitch and take pressure off the defence.

I don't think he deserves to start anyway, so I don't have a problem. There will be a game where we need a goal and he will come on.

He last played a month ago, so yes really, hes only just back from injury.
He's been on the bench available in the team for selection for a good few weeks... So not sure the angle you're coming from, I hope he comes back next week and scores the winner

Happy to admit that since he returned at the start of the year he hasnt been the same player as he was before.

But that hate, I find hard to swallow, hate and abuse, no need for it.

Missed a huge chunk of the season, I would like to say hopefully he will show his worth next season, but its probably best if he moves on at this point, which is a shame, cos at his best hes a wonderful player.

You are all entitled to your views on the player and quite frankly they disgust me.

I don’t understand why people are making a story when there isn’t one.

Rondon has been very good at doing the job he’s been asked to do the past couple of weeks. Come on, win fouls, hold the ball.

There’s no point risking DCL to do that very rudimentary job considering all the injuries he’s had.

If he’s fit he starts every game under Lampard next season, anybody arguing that is crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.