2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know.... However he's not being picked and his head doesn't seem to be in it. However I hope I'm wrong and proven wrong
I think with him breaking down we will want to make sure he doesnt again, whether thats to sell him in the summer or make sure hes fit for us next season nobody knows.

Ive admitted hes been poor this calender year, I even said the other day I had no excuses for him.

But the fact that he hasnt played for a month and in that time his thread is the biggest on the forum, well, I just dont know.

He's obviously not fit.

I still hope we sell him in the summer but think the conspiracys are daft tbh same with Da Beek and Mina.

Our medical department are just gash.

ACABF954-A315-4599-9EE9-C5D774240DE0.jpeg

I’ll put the conspiracy hat on just for the sake of it here (disclaimer: I don’t actually believe this). Richarlison has been promised the starting striker job to keep him content and Dom has been relegated to the bench and is being prepped to ship out.

I don’t understand why people are making a story when there isn’t one.

Rondon has been very good at doing the job he’s been asked to do the past couple of weeks. Come on, win fouls, hold the ball.

There’s no point risking DCL to do that very rudimentary job considering all the injuries he’s had.

If he’s fit he starts every game under Lampard next season, anybody arguing that is crackers.
I’m genuinely heartened by takes like this, because I honestly want to believe that’s all it is.

But something feels off.

Physically he’s meant to be okay! Maybe it is a mental health problem, he could have a problem coming out with his gender identity..

Yep 1 down with ten minutes left and Calvert Lewin would've been on instead.

However given how bad his hold up play was before the latest injury I'm fully behind Frank putting Rondon on to see out games and well it's been 6 points (7 given he got himself about late on v Leicester aswell).
Worked didn't it?

He only began training two days before Chelsea, last week, so yeah, just back.
Yeah he’s been picking up niggles all the time. I think regardless of whether he wants a move in the summer he’s a professional and if fully fit he’d want to get out on the pitch and show what he can do. Especially if it might get him a big move in the summer. We’re going to have to sell in order to fund a rebuild and him, Richy and Pickford are our most saleable assets by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.