2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we hang onto him for another season to be honest, given his performers and injuries this year he's not at what we could get for him at top market value and be a pain to replace. Unless someone comes in and gives us something stupid.

Wouldnt be opposed to flipping Tosun and looking at someone like Batshuyi on a free, who has worked with Frank or id go hard for Nketiah if he decides to leave Arsenal who is also on a free, Brereton Diaz is also on a free meaning wed have DCL, Rondon and another. While we could focus likely limited funds we have for the summer elsewhere.

Tosun is out of contract so will be leaving on a free.

I'd sign Brereton to be honest. I think he's a very good finisher and would offer something different. Can't see Nketiah leaving Arsenal now that he's forced his way into the side.

Tosun is out of contract so will be leaving on a free.

I'd sign Brereton to be honest. I think he's a very good finisher and would offer something different. Can't see Nketiah leaving Arsenal now that he's forced his way into the side.

Yep i was talking about flipping squad places.

I was thinking the same myself on Nketiah, but listening to MOTD last night has me in two minds, i think Arsenal will invest in a forward, so i think he has decision to make, hes either staying their and fighting it out with a big money addition for thenext 4-5 years or hes moving to a midtable club and getting the chance to be the main man and progress his career.

Brereton has ticked every box on the way up, he would be sound investment with a market always in the championship (if we're not there ourselves) if things didnt work out, be a brave man who would sell DCL and let him lead the line for the season though.

I honestly don’t know who buys him.

Maybe Spurs if Kane left but he doesn’t really fit into what Conte wants. He certainly can’t play the link role that Conte demands from his strikers,

I think Arsenal will have loads of better options. Arteta has based his front three on pace work rate and technique. DCL has one of these when he can be bothered to run. I could see Arsenal going for Jesus Sterling Nunez way before DCL.

Perhaps Chelsea if Werner and Lukaku left?

His price will be extortionate and when teams look at his attributes I’m not sure he’d be worth the money.

Thierry Henry was my favourite player growing up. Doesn't mean I support Arsenal.
I used to love watching that arsenal team when I was growing up.

Ljungberg, Pires, wiltord, Henry, Bergkamp, viera, edu, Lauren. Other than everton, they were the players I wanted to watch.

Doesn't surprise me at all that DCL idolised any of those players, and wanted to emulate them as a child considering they were winning everything.

Consistently reoccurring injuries... maybe they're just not rushing him
I honestly don’t know who buys him.

Maybe Spurs if Kane left but he doesn’t really fit into what Conte wants. He certainly can’t play the link role that Conte demands from his strikers,

I think Arsenal will have loads of better options. Arteta has based his front three on pace work rate and technique. DCL has one of these when he can be bothered to run. I could see Arsenal going for Jesus Sterling Nunez way before DCL.

Perhaps Chelsea if Werner and Lukaku left?

His price will be extortionate and when teams look at his attributes I’m not sure he’d be worth the money.
But what if ?

It's seems a confusing situation.

If he wasn't bothered, was unfocused, and more bothered about leaving to arsenal, I don't think Lampard would even be putting him on the bench.

If he isn't fit enough, still has an injury or whatever, then he shouldn't be on the bench.

So, to me, it's not that he doesn't want to be here, it's just that for what Lampard wants right now, he isn't the best option for it.

I would anticipate we do see him vs Watford though in terms of rotation and keeping people fresh. If we don't, I think he is gone in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.