2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not out with an injury though, he's on the bench.
It seems it's a crime here to ever question DCL but Iwobi, Gordon, Keane, Mina,Holgate etc. are all fair game....baffling.

I hope he’s injured. The alternative is that he quit on his team.

Even Delph didn’t quit on this team.

….find it a little surprising if Rondon comes on ahead of him in games. DCL ideal to relieve pressure against teams pushing on & against tiring defenders.

Can only think he’s being wrapped in cotton wool because they think his game time is limited & they will only chance him when desperately needed.

There was nothing unsure about his first post. I thought it was a cheap dig at people on this forum and when replied to he tried to backtrack on the racism insinuation. When he clearly knew what he was doing. He lost me there and then.
I doubt either of us will lose any sleep over it though.
Morning mate.... Sleep well? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-060453_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-060453_OneDrive.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 46
We all have things that we find tedious.

A month since his last game and this thread keeps growing and growing, handbag jokes, frock jokes, hate, for no reason.

He cant change your minds sitting on the bench, but does that stop the hate? Oh hell no.

Im not even sure its racism, some of it is jealousy, hes a young attractive man, living his best life, dressing how he wants, getting himself out there.

But people only know how to hate.

Judge him on his football, before his current break, his football was terrible, PERSONALLY I put that down to a lack of fitness, his best attributes are physical, at his best he bullies, he runs, he jumps, he works. Pre-injury he did all that. Has his head been turned? I dont know, what I do know is that he remains an Everton player and till the day he leaves I will support him fully, cos I like him as a player and as a man. Hes never slighted this club, hes been a good servant for us and he deserves our support.

So anyway, thats my POV, I will try and refrain from this thread till he plays football and we can judge him on that going forward.

If he leaves at the end of the season, oh well, as much as I like him, his injury record is a huge concern this season and we need people who are fit and healthy.

As long as we get a good fee and replace him, then we go again.

But if he stays and returns to his best, great, we have an asset.
Well said and exactly my thoughts.

Personally hope we can keep him as he’s a very effective striker, not a natural finishes but intelligent, good in the air and instinctive.

I think they’re being very careful with him after all the reoccurring injuries and can hopefully ease him in over the last few now things are looking a bit safer

So I think we've firmly established that a young mixed raced lad wearing a frock riles many people up.

This is a most exciting discovery.
There’s no doubt his alternative lifestyle is a red rag to some.

There’s no rational reason to be upset by it, of course, and it says much more about those foaming at the mouth than DCL.

I wonder if the same people would be fuming if he’d appeared on the front of Railway Modeller magazine flaunting 20 grand worth of Hornby gear.

“Concentrate on your football! Not model trains!”

There’s no doubt his alternative lifestyle is a red rag to some.

There’s no rational reason to be upset by it, of course, and it says much more about those foaming at the mouth than DCL.

I wonder if the same people would be fuming if he’d appeared on the front of Railway Modeller magazine flaunting 20 grand worth of Hornby gear.

“Concentrate on your football! Not model trains!”
Utter filth that rag, you saucy minx!

I really don’t see which team comes in for him this summer, Arsenal seem set on Jesus. Only really leaves UTD, Newcastle and West Ham as possible suitors. I can’t see UTD being interested, WH can’t afford him so only really leaves Newcastle?

When the story of this season is eventually written, we will know who among our playing staff stepped up to be counted in the white heat of a relegation battle, and who posed in fashion magazines looking delectable.

And we will know Donny van de Beek.

I really don't give a monkeys what the lad does in his spare time nor what he wears (admittedly i think some of the stuff he wears looks ridiculous but i am on old fogey) but i just hope that he's making sure he looks after what got him in the position he is today to do this modelling lark and thats kicking a ball around a footy field.

No, it doesn't and like I said, I could be being daft. But it certainly doesn't hurt to put that out there and have the media repeat it.

I would've expected his idol to be a midfielder too, with him starting off as a midfielder.

As I said, maybe there's absolutely nothing in it. But it's just very coincidental that he mentions an Arsenal legend, when he's been touted with a move there all season. No harm in it, it's all part of the trade etc.

Should have just played it safe and said zidane

All the Dom haters should watch this.

Great players get motivated by it, ronaldo uses it to motivate himself.

We are a very simple fan base, work hard and you will be supported, it is literally that simple.

Look at iwobi as a classic case.

Or you can blow smoke up someone’s hoop ala Barkley , and watch them trot around the pitch like a div not putting the effort in and being crap.

Look at the straq , one of the worst footballers ever to play in the prem as far as technical ability is concerned , he worked as hard as any of us would if we ever got the chance, and people remember him fondly, knowing he was crap but played like it mattered.

That’s all it takes to get support , however, walk about the pitch, talk about leaving during international breaks , shirk out of tackles etc you will get abuse as having respect for the club and working hard for your team mates are what we expect, and I don’t think it’s to much to ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.