2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
….find it a little surprising if Rondon comes on ahead of him in games. DCL ideal to relieve pressure against teams pushing on & against tiring defenders.

Can only think he’s being wrapped in cotton wool because they think his game time is limited & they will only chance him when desperately needed.
I think they may feel that a recurrence of his injury now could lead to him missing the start of next season as well.
There are about ten days left in this league, three games.
We have recently beaten Utd, Chelsea and Leicester without him but he is on the bench if needed.
Rondon has been brought on to help see out games not rescue them, DCL would probably be the option if we did need to score.

I think Richarlison is gone this summer. DCL has had a poor season and it would not be a good time to sell.

I think they may feel that a recurrence of his injury now could lead to him missing the start of next season as well.
Start of next season for another club, we can't risk starting him now, a few cameos in these finals games isn't going to boost his fee

Start of next season for another club, we can't risk starting him now, a few cameos in these finals games isn't going to boost his fee
If it meant proving his fitness it might. In fact I think if he was to be sold he may be in the team to boost his value.
Leaving a player sitting on the bench is hardly an ideal promotional plan.

If it meant proving his fitness it might. In fact I think if he was to be sold he may be in the team to boost his value.
True but priority is still to stay up, so he needs to be on the bench behind Rondon who has shown us more

It is if he wants to leave or the injury has impacted his ability / mentality.

Very hard to tell if were protecting him before a sale or just easing him back for next season.

We have recently beaten Utd, Chelsea and Leicester without him but he is on the bench if needed.
Rondon has been brought on to help see out games not rescue them, DCL would probably be the option if we did need to score.

I think Richarlison is gone this summer. DCL has had a poor season and it would not be a good time to sell.
This seems the most likely situation in my handsome eyes, too.

….find it a little surprising if Rondon comes on ahead of him in games. DCL ideal to relieve pressure against teams pushing on & against tiring defenders.

Can only think he’s being wrapped in cotton wool because they think his game time is limited & they will only chance him when desperately needed.
But he has been complete rubbish this season. Fair enough his injury has hampered him but rondon is actually doing something when on the pitch so much so he has a better chance of scoring

What does this even mean ?

catwalk-curious-cat.gif

Excellent, sensible post (apsrt from the Richie bit).

DCL has had a bad injury ffs, it does mean he is going to Arsenal....he isnt, he hasnt, downed tools and he hasnt had his head turned.
Bunch of bed wetters

Status
Not open for further replies.