Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, he did keep 5 at the back all game, they were there for the taking.
Still feel the players reverted to type and didn't fancy it.
That’s no surprise by now, though, is it? I don’t absolve the players, far from it. They’re the main reason we’re in this mess in the first place. The manager took them into this fixture with more belief and momentum than they’ve probably had all season, though; fans were great again, too. The team had all it needed from external sources to put in a repeat of the last two performances in terms of endeavour if nothing else.

What we got STUNK of them being told to “just not lose”. Now we have two home games that everyone thinks we’ll magically turn it back on for. What happens if we draw/lose the first one? Do we revert to “just don’t lose” against Palace? What happens, then, if we’re in a last day scrap to stay up, in our hardest fixture left?

I’m not that much of an idiot that I’ll be calling for Lampard’s head after one result, however hideous, but if he does anything other than take full responsibility for tonight he gets a black mark from me.

Burnley went to Watford and bloody won. We are a disgrace. I’m just glad we beat Leicester or I’d have booked a flight to a remote island for a few weeks.
We also beat Chelsea and man united. We are in a decent place right now. Blips happen.

We have taken 11 points from a possible 18 recently.

We were likely predicted 4 or 5.

We just make it a thunderdome for the next 2 games at home.

Yeah it’s not perfect but I can’t believe after the season we’ve just had there’s still some with the entitled arrogance that we should just go away to a PL team and beat them.

Every PL game is completely different. Doesn’t matter if they’ve lost 18 in a row to the other teams prior, any side is still capable of pulling a result out. It’s a point away from home, not perfect but considering we’ve barely picked up any points from home, it’s better than losing.
Watford players were putting themselves in the shop window and had no pressure to win the game.

Leeds are in disarray with injuries and suspensions. I can’t see them getting four points, so a draw would suffice. If Burnley don’t win at the weekend, it’ll be fine.

so if burnley lose to tottenham we need a win still?

you know what burnley could go they’re and win

this is crippling me this

it’s the not knowing

Terrible performance obviously but think everyone is underestimating the significance of that Leeds result. Dan James now out for the season as is Jack Harrison with that injury, also Ayling suspended last game.

4 points now basically guarantees us safety, and that's with the teams below picking up maximum points. Market odds on relegation have barely moved - still currently around 14/1. You'd like to think we'll be fine.

mykolenko is exceptional defensively and despite a goal last game is lacking offensively needs to hone that aspect so many backwards passes
Yeah that’s what I saw too, maybe that’s why Benetiz signed him for his defensive play. We lost so much attacking intent after Digne left.

Status
Not open for further replies.