Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the good thing with our recent resurgent is that we now have the safety net of Burnley and Leeds…one of them might pull out some mad results over the next 2/3 games but for both of them to do so (and us dropping off) would be unexpected.
Well we don't really have a safety net unfortunately, as it is only one win. But yes, 2 points is better than 0 points!

Can anyone justify today without mentioning the previous two results?
We won just a single away match under Benitez and shipped 5 goals against Watford under Benitez.

To keep a clean sheet away from home against a team that recently hammered us is not bad going given that we have the worst away form in the league.

It’s a big game on the weekend, on the telly, prime time Sunday slot…think our players will react well to it like they have done recently in similar matches.

Can anyone justify today without mentioning the previous two results?
It's gutting because we're close now and it would have been a huge relief. But in relatity it's the 16th placed team playing the 19th away. Its not as if we were a win away from the title is it. Hardly a huge gulf in quality between the teams. This team lost to Norwich away. Its not an excuse, we expect to beat these teams. But it's the reality of where we are, the quality of the players and coaching staff.

Can't see this going to the final day, but I feel that I should just point out (a) there's a good chance that they'll akready have secured Champions League football by then, and (b) that we've won our last three against the Gunners.

We won just a single away match under Benitez and shipped 5 goals against Watford under Benitez.

To keep a clean sheet away from home against a team that recently hammered us is not bad going given that we have the worst away form in the league.
But again, this is like getting punched and robbed one day, and the next day only getting punched and saying: “least we weren’t robbed”

It’s still proper crap.

we hammered a second-string Brentford, in the cup, when they were in an awful run of form. I am also talking strictly about our league form and, frankly, Brentford are not better than Brentford anyway.

As you did state 'since Lampard', then like I said we have beaten Chelsea and United, deservedly but hardly 'for fun', who are better than either Palace or Brentford, at home.

We drew with Leicester, who are below both of those sides, and lost to Wolves and Man City (unfairly so in the latter's case). But your statement was nonsense so I called it out.

I like you a lot mate so I'm not meaning to be a prat, but I'll call a spade a spade.

I also fully agree that I think we have enough to get the 4 points we would definitely need to guarantee safety from those two games. But a win tonight would have made that 2 points needed.

We also defeated Newcastle who were on a good run, better than those 2.

The for fun bit was more to point out the amount of wins as opposed to the margin of wins. We have won lots of home games post Lampard.

I dont follow Brentford enough to know if it was their 2nd string, but I remember the likes of Toney playing, who's their best player. We are now playing a lot better.

And dont worry about giving your views mate, it's always an interesting discussion.

Tonight is a bit underwhelming, but some of the stuff here feels overboard. Yes if our our home for collapses, and we lose 2 winnable games, and yes if both of our relegation rivals pick up results and form in games they look unlikely too, we could go down still. We need to win on Sunday at home.

But again, this is like getting punched and robbed one day, and the next day only getting punched and saying: “least we weren’t robbed”

It’s still proper crap.
We ARE proper crap. This is all about bare survival now.

I also didn’t realise that there is proper needle between Brentford and Leeds. Be a tough game for leeds away to them last game of the season.

We also defeated Newcastle who were on a good run, better than those 2.

The for fun bit was more to point out the amount of wins as opposed to the margin of wins. We have won lots of home games post Lampard.

I dont follow Brentford enough to know if it was their 2nd string, but I remember the likes of Toney playing, who's their best player. We are now playing a lot better.

And dont worry about giving your views mate, it's always an interesting discussion.

Tonight is a bit underwhelming, but some of the stuff here feels overboard. Yes if our our home for collapses, and we lose 2 winnable games, and yes if both of our relegation rivals pick up results and form in games they look unlikely too, we could go down still. We need to win on Sunday at home.
okay Newcastle, don't know how I forgot that one given as I was at it but aye, again wasn't exactly easy.

Yes, our home form has been good and now we have to use tit to our full advantage. It's definitely not the end of the world today, I said that earlier that a point would be okay, but it does leave the pressure on when we could have relieved a hell of a lot of pressure and basically ensured Leeds have no hope. We've given them hope now.

Status
Not open for further replies.