Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who claimed they did? We didnt beat Utd, Chelsea and Leicester having good players, we won with guts and 100% effort for 90 min. Something lacking against Watford
Did the effort score us the goals or was that down to quality in scoring the goals?

Watford 29 chances = 0 goals
Leicester 11 chances = 2 goals
Chelsea 12 chances = 1 goal

The effort wasnt lacking, the quality was.

A point might do it, given the fixtures each team has left and the respective goal differences. Pity we didn't get it against Watford reserves on Wednesday. That's down to Frank. I don't think he's up to it long term.

he's definitely not flaky - I mean his defence has regularly been one of the best in the league. He's clearly a very good manager. But you know, so are plenty of managers that lose games when the pressure is all on the other team.
Managers have very little influence on match results, often none at all. It's the players who do.

I know what you mean. But technically I'd say Mina, Delph, Pickford, Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan are the only ones good enough for me. You'd have to sell 15 and bring in 15 and its not happening.

It's more likely we'll bring in 4 or 5 every window, and it'll take a couple of years to reboot the squad.

I understand you can’t do it all in one window but they are the players we need shot of. There is zero point in signing delph of Mina on new contracts as they are never available.

If we could offload more than 10 because I think we can actually do it without suffering to much.

Tuson , davies, delph, Mina, siggy, Keane, kean, gomes, ali, gbamin, Kenny, delph

should all go and could all go and we would only have to “ replace “ Keane as the others have contributed nothing this season and delph and Mina have played about 12 games between them.

We literally would not miss any of those players and it wouldn’t be hard to find better replacements that contributed more , probably on less wages too.

Godfrey, Allan, holgate , gray , Townsend , Rondon , DCL, doucs,l and Richy all open to being sold but would need replacements lined up before you could sanction any moves.

Just posted this in the DCL thread but have just done some research for a piece and it turns out Everton have only created 28 'big chances' (i.e. chances you'd expect a player to score from, so basically in the 12-yard, width of the goal or a 1v1) throughout the entire league season. Only Norwich have created fewer.

Last season, for DCL alone, Everton created 31 chances. Just for one player.

That's where the problem is, combined with letting in goals for fun earlier in the season, clearly.

Here's the list of the players that have created big chances for us in the league:

Richarlison5
Gray, Demarai5
Gordon, Anthony4
Iwobi, Alexander3
Doucouré, Abdoulaye3
Townsend, Andros2
Keane, Michael2
Digne, Lucas2
Alli, Dele1
Calvert-Lewin, Dominic1

"fairly" confident Burnley arent winning.

But wouldnt bet a penny on Leeds not beating Brighton.
Agreed.

Leeds had been playing well under this Jesse Marsch guy until they started facing the big boys like City. And even against City they weren’t completely outclassed; the scoreline really flattered City.

Leeds are at home against Brighton and the Elland Road faithful can sometimes be like a 12th man.

The last thing we want is to be going to the Emirates needing to get something to guarantee our survival.

If Leeds win their next two matches (quite feasible) and we just draw our next two matches we then have to actually win at Arsenal! ?

These next two hone matches are crucial. We fans need to be behind the players from the first whistle to the last whistle because we’ve seen how the players respond to our support. We saw it against Man Utd and we saw it against Chelsea. Conversely we’ve seen how our negativity affects the players too.

Brentford, if given time and possession, have the players to pick apart our back line.

I hope it’s Allan and not VDB on Sunday. Need to harass Eriksen and make him uncomfortable.

Didn’t hate the shout of DCL starting on Sunday. Would like to see us be able
To hold up play a bit and make their defenders defend.

Just posted this in the DCL thread but have just done some research for a piece and it turns out Everton have only created 28 'big chances' (i.e. chances you'd expect a player to score from, so basically in the 12-yard, width of the goal or a 1v1) throughout the entire league season. Only Norwich have created fewer.

Last season, for DCL alone, Everton created 31 chances. Just for one player.

That's where the problem is, combined with letting in goals for fun earlier in the season, clearly.

Here's the list of the players that have created big chances for us in the league:

Richarlison5
Gray, Demarai5
Gordon, Anthony4
Iwobi, Alexander3
Doucouré, Abdoulaye3
Townsend, Andros2
Keane, Michael2
Digne, Lucas2
Alli, Dele1
Calvert-Lewin, Dominic1

Been thinking about this and saying it for a while mate. I dont even think our problem is goalscorers i think its creating goals that is the problem. What we did this season in terms of self mutilation in creativity is one of a few reasons why we are where we are. Its partly the reason why we struggle to breakdown the Watfords of this world. One of my chief concerns at the moment, is breaking down Brentford and Palace who will come to us and hand us the initiative and tell us to go break them down, as opposed to Chelsea, Utd, Leicester who took us on and we could hit on the counter.

I see a lot of threads about selling DCL, Richarlison etc. But we know from bitter experience how hard it is to replace goals in the PL (Lukaku), so if we stay up we have a job of work on injecting creativity into this team and goals if we are selling to my mind - tough gig.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.