2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he does not get another outing he at least had two good games. Deli Ali is the standard
against which all crap play should be judged and he, Ali no -play, has been an unmitigated disaster and is
a permanent signing.

Maybe Frank surprises us and gives Donny a start with Allan coming on for the last 20 mins.

VDB and Dele, two deadline day disasters. Think Lampard has done ok overall, but these are worrying as to the level of signing we can expect in the future, yet again.

Why is he mentally shattered?
It's a good question @kjbert, and largely an assumption on my part.
I appreciate 'assumption' is the mother of all f...ups, but the lad is still young and is showing up for every game and often taking a senior player type roll which often adds up over a sustained period. The season he has had, especially in a team struggling and devoid of inspiration, he has many time stepped up and done the upmost to be inspirational. Enthusiasm of youth etc; with much confidence and skill.
His performances of late sometimes suggest he is making more wrong decisions. A man of his age will be wanting to play and enthusiasm will push him forward. My, admittedly half assed assessment, is he has sometimes had to play with a heavy baggage of expectancy, and for someone of tender(ish) age and experience, it can catch up with him over the season.
I do hope I am wrong, but I sometimes see on the field a player who is often reactionary and not as pro-active as, say, he was ten games ago.
The lad needs a deserves the rest during the close season, and my hope is we have not burnt him out this season. The dreaded second season syndrome could either see him push on, or struggle. I, again, hope he has not been driven too hard this season.

Apologies for the long winded response.

It's a good question @kjbert, and largely an assumption on my part.
I appreciate 'assumption' is the mother of all f...ups, but the lad is still young and is showing up for every game and often taking a senior player type roll which often adds up over a sustained period. The season he has had, especially in a team struggling and devoid of inspiration, he has many time stepped up and done the upmost to be inspirational. Enthusiasm of youth etc; with much confidence and skill.
His performances of late sometimes suggest he is making more wrong decisions. A man of his age will be wanting to play and enthusiasm will push him forward. My, admittedly half assed assessment, is he has sometimes had to play with a heavy baggage of expectancy, and for someone of tender(ish) age and experience, it can catch up with him over the season.
I do hope I am wrong, but I sometimes see on the field a player who is often reactionary and not as pro-active as, say, he was ten games ago.
The lad needs a deserves the rest during the close season, and my hope is we have not burnt him out this season. The dreaded second season syndrome could either see him push on, or struggle. I, again, hope he has not been driven too hard this season.

Apologies for the long winded response.
Very good point mate.

Watford game especially looked very withdrawn. Just goes to show again how depleted our squad actually is.

VDB and Dele, two deadline day disasters. Think Lampard has done ok overall, but these are worrying as to the level of signing we can expect in the future, yet again.

Thankfully the new DOF will be in control going forward.

Concerning Lampard listened to 'Arry over the Dele signing, not many more dodgy in the game than that fella.

Whether or not Lampard approved signings or not, and allowing for the very short time he had that day, sooner or later an Everton manager will have to resist signings being made that he can't or won't use. If they have to threaten to resign so be it. We're in this mess precisely because of appalling recruitment and agendas being imposed top down.

Arry Redknapp has publically stated Lampard saught his advice on signing Dele.

Then you had Lampard with his deadline day "WE did it" video.

But sure Lampard had nothing to do with that signing :hayee:
I actually think if we stay up Dele will be sound next season. Frank can get a few more players in to play his way in the summer and he won’t be under the anonymous pressure of a relegation battle at the start of the season. So Dele will get a proper chance in my opinion.

Dele Ali may yet come good. He clearly has the ability to succeed, it’s a matter of helping him get the mental side right.

I never write off players this early. They need a chance first. After all, would have predicted Iwobi’s upturn?

Status
Not open for further replies.