Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey and Holgate aren’t the tallest and isn’t good at dealing with high ball.
Think they would both balance what Tarkowski offers. There might be similar to Tarkowski on the radar, for me this needs addressing but between MIna and Keane, neither are stable stalwarts... Just have this down as one of my markers for progression.

Does any club fawn over relegated players as much as our fans…..
and the media too, don't forget that last week we were linked to that 28 year old wonderkid from Derby who got relegated from the championship let alone the Premier League. They will throw any crap at the wall and hope it sticks for a few column spaces

Think they would both balance what Tarkowski offers. There might be similar to Tarkowski on the radar, for me this needs addressing but between MIna and Keane, neither are stable stalwarts... Just have this down as one of my markers for progression.
I like Mina we are so much better when he’s playing. Just his injuries. I will offer him a new deal based on apps related clause.

The big issue we have is that we are not the exciting project that is going to break the big 6 monopoly anymore. In fact quite the opposite. We are a side who now will have limited finances and a relatively unproven manager.

It is hard to make a case in our current situation that Frank on a limited budget can outwit the likes of Graham Potter, David Moyes or even the Wolves manager. Then you have Newcastle who will be spending big so its highly unlikely we get near to them in the near future as already their squad looks stronger than ours and that's after one transfer window.

Probability suggests that we will be in and around 11th to 20th for the foreseeable future. Its also very hard to envisage we will progress beyond that even after the next 3 seasons unless we get Usmanovs investment back which will give us an advantage on the clubs around us as well as the new stadium income. Or the club is sold to someone similar who can invest how we were previously to the profit and sustainability rules being in place.

Until that happens we will be relying on a project of Frank and the Dof and as stated before, what's to say that will be any better than the likes of Brighton, West Ham, Wolves who all have similar projects in place. In fact our dof was surplus to requirements at Wolves so why would he necessarily do a better job than the guy who is there now?

As I said, we are not an attractive club currently.

We will need to change that.
I think you're right, but I think we're more attractive after Thursday night - and not just because we're still a Premier League team.

I think there are players out there, with the right attitude, who would love to have been part of a night like that (albeit none of us want a repeat).

I feel like there really might be something special about Everton FC, the fans in particular, that most other clubs can't muster. I don't think it's just blue-tinted glasses saying that after the scenes we've all witnessed lately.

I don't want to overstate that either, though.

We can't compete on purely footballing terms with a lot of the clubs above us in the table. But I think playing for Everton under Lampard will have some cachet.

That's our USP this summer, it all depends how many hungry players want to buy into that.

No more signing defenders from relegated clubs. We should not be going for Tarkowski.

Must say.. I'm not nearly as big on Tarkowski as a lot of you are. 29 years old and just been relegated.

It's because he's free. If he was costing 15 million nobody would want to know. Personally, I think the 'free' bit makes him attractive.

This Is what we should be looking at realistically or unrealistically to some:

Keep:
Holgate (back up)
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Coleman ( back up)
Keane
Patterson
Branthwaite
Gray
Townsend (although injury could finish him)
Iwobi
Doucouré
Ali
Gordon
Davies
Rico

Sell:
Pickford
Mina
Kenny
Allan
Gomes
Delph
Rondon (not gonna happen)
DCL

Sign:
Pope
Tarkowski (free)
Gallagher ( loan)
Brennan Johnson (free)
Cornet ( 17 mill release clause) or Joao Pedro ( 15 mill release clause)

Status
Not open for further replies.