Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to some extent yes. However, Gray, Richarlison and Gordon are probably amongst our top 10 players. Throw in Alli who can play out there too and Iwobi (I do appreciate it's not their best position) and you see it's clearly not a key area.

That being said Hudson Odoi has potential to be at Richarlison level, so we would have to consider that.
That's kind of my point. You've got a lot of guys to throw at it who solve little.

I’d say that at ~90% of turnover, wages are the very last place we’ve got wiggle room.

Given that we’ll almost certainly be making at least one big sale, we’ll likely be able to spend on decent fees, but ideally for younger, lower wage players.

In a bigger sense yes. We have to be a lot tighter on wages.

In the specific case, if Mina is going out, and if the Keane interest is genuine you can see some sense in 120k p/w for Tarkowski on a 2/3 year deal IMO mate. We do need a bit more experience and know how down the spine of the team.

Probably not universally popular but I’d have Tarkowski for sure. Totally lack a composed, defensive leader when Mina is out. After a season where we’ve totally failed to grind any results, especially away, here’s an experienced grinder on a free transfer. Obviously we should primarily target younger players but not totally at the expense of experience. Look at the difference the composure of Delph made when he came in.

If we were to sell DCL (or whoever, but particularly him since he cost buttons) for £50m (not saying we could, but if) that would facilitate a pretty huge net spend if we wanted to do so.

Especially since we’ve cleared about £300k p/w off the wage bill just on out of contract players, before selling anyone.
That is the conundrum alright. DCL does more to help our finances, but Richy will have more offers and is more likely to leave. We certainly can't lose both.

In a bigger sense yes. We have to be a lot tighter on wages.

In the specific case, if Mina is going out, and if the Keane interest is genuine you can see some sense in 120k p/w for Tarkowski on a 2/3 year deal IMO mate. We do need a bit more experience and know how down the spine of the team.
Where has there been talk of interest in Keane?

I still wouldn’t pay Tarkowski £120k p/w. He’s just not worth that much.

Probably not universally popular but I’d have Tarkowski for sure. Totally lack a composed, defensive leader when Mina is out. After a season where we’ve totally failed to grind any results, especially away, here’s an experienced grinder on a free transfer. Obviously we should primarily target younger players but not totally at the expense of experience. Look at the difference the composure of Delph made when he came in.
he's nearly 30 ffs. 120k a week. We will be back in the relegation spots by signing relegated teams players.

Status
Not open for further replies.