Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can probably count on your fingers the amount of times Conte, Tuchel, Pep and Klopp stepped outside their preferred formations combined
Do you know what happens to the managers who dont have one the worlds best squads at their disposal and stick to the same system and formation week in, week out in this league?

They get found out within a month or 2 and get a hiding from all and sundry.

One of, if not the main reason Martinez and Silva failed is for this very reason.

Do you know what happens to the managers who dont have one the worlds best squads at their disposal and stick to the same system and formation week in, week out in this league?

One of, if not the main reason Martinez and Silva failed is for this very reason.
The flavour of the moment manager; Graham Potter switches his formations based on the opposition. Most top class managers do it.

even Martinez switched formations just not enough and was super obstinate where he would always play possession football at home hence why we had such rotten form at goodison. I agree if he was more versatile he would of had better success in his last two seasons. I thought when he set us up to counter we were actually more effective but he was so married to the possession football philosophy. Thats one thing that ive been pleased with Frank where he's willing to adopt different systems just has to refine his decision making

Pep?? You must be joking, he has played a champions league final with no strikers, in big games he's always first to blink. I know the majority won't agree with me on this but I think he's a bit of a clown, took off KDB against Madrid and a few others thinking he had the job done. He's made many blunders in his managerial career. Yesterday he played Fernandinho centre back, with Ake, Zinchenko, and Walker on bench and Stones starting right back. Fernandinho had to be hooked at half time as Watkins ran him ragged and could have been sent off. He was labeled a genius at the end because he took Zinchenko on for Fernandinho at half time....

Don't do it in the first place

Pep?? You must be joking, he has played a champions league final with no strikers, in big games he's always first to blink. I know the majority won't agree with me on this but I think he's a bit of a clown, took off KDB against Madrid and a few others thinking he had the job done. He's made many blunders in his managerial career. Yesterday he played Fernandinho centre back, with Ake, Zinchenko, and Walker on bench and Stones starting right back. Fernandinho had to be hooked at half time as Watkins ran him ragged and could have been sent off. He was labeled a genius at the end because he took Zinchenko on for Fernandinho at half time....

Don't do it in the first place
Totally replied to the wrong thread, but it's a marvellous post all the same. ?

You can set up a team in a framework and adjust for opponents. The best managers do this. Ripping it up every week is not it.

Seems like some have forgotten we finished 16th already - is there any real point comparing us with Pep Guardiolas finest ? Better to look at teams with more limited resource and doing well.

We are so far off possession football it is unreal.

What did we just play the last month?

The man is making it up as he goes.
HOW on earth you can be upset with the manager for the formations is beyond me. His only mistake since he has been here is not sending Gomes to train with the reserves and not switching to a 5atb sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.