Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont understand why Chelsea would entertain any offers for someone like Colwill when they are already under critisism for the form of Tomori & Guehi, possibly selling to early, the succesful transition of Chalobah to the first team aswell as Christianson & Rudiger leaving.
If im right that only leaves Chelsea (who play a back 3) with Chalobah, Silva, Sarr and possibly azzpiculetta. With other loan returns like Clarke Salter, Miazga & Ampadu all below Colwill's level. It seems strange they would even want to listen to offers
They've got players coming out of their ears they will spend again too

CM Bissouma: £30 millions
CM: Eriksen: Free
RW Johnson £30 millions
CB Tarkowski Free

Would be a fine window with Kean, Gbamin and one of Mina/Keane sold to help fund the deals.

Whats our name??

Understand the concerns around Gilmour from a physical perspective but the lad is a baller and watching our current midfield and defence try to pass makes my eyes bleed.

100% agree with this mate, he has talent and can see passes that most of our team dont see in their dreams.

I just have concerns around building around him in the position we would need him to be effective, stature is one of the reasons I feel that way - but I've always said stature shouldn't stop a player if theyre talented enough.

CM Bissouma: £30 millions
CM: Eriksen: Free
RW Johnson £30 millions
CB Tarkowski Free

Would be a fine window with Kean, Gbamin and one of Mina/Keane sold to help fund the deals.

Whats our name??

Just think Bissouma smacks of the sort of player we’ve fallen into the trap of before. Brighton is his stepping stone club, he’ll be eyeing up a big move to a CL club. He doesn’t have any hunger to play for Everton although he probably would if we pay him way more than Brighton and no top club is interested.

We just end up with a player who doesn’t really want to be here and we’ve spent huge money buying him and keeping him. He’s a decent player but so was Schneiderlin, ultimately it doesn’t matter if they have no motivation to play for the club.

I’d rather we were targetting players who see Everton as a destination they want to get to. Like Mykolenko, Stones, DCL, Gueye Godfrey, Pickford, even all the way back to some of Moyes signings Cahill Pienaar Arteta, you could see why they all wanted to come to Everton and to perform.

There’s been too many players that I felt haven’t wanted to come here and have sauntered up either for a massive contract or just for some first team football. Neither of which has driven good performance for us from most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.