2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third kits are a waste of time. We play in it maybe once a season.

The greatest ever 3rd kit was the cream/white Le Coq one from a few years back. Played in it once if I remember against Chelsea.

I sort of agree, the away kit should be different enough that a third kit is not needed, but it’s the standard now.

That cream kit was a good one, but if I remember it wasn’t even announced till September, if didn’t launch till October and then was out of stock till January.

I do too, although I always see it as a reminder of the start to our long decline.

It was the start of my support, think I was about 5/6. I remember it so well. My dad took me to this little sport shop in Ormskirk but they didn't have Everton shirts in my size. As we left the shop with me very disappointed my dad turned to me and said 'what about a Liverpool shirt?'. I gave him an emphatic 'No!'.

He then drove me to Southport to get an Everton shirt.

This too is standard

It was under the Le Coq Sportif and Umbro, but I think Hummel have been decent on the supply side, I know some fans would prefer all the kits are announced and made available at once, but I think Hummel want each kit to have its own launch and I dont mind that if the kits come out, June, July and August.

Big announcements surely in the next few weeks, we won't be showing the kit off without the sponsor being announced, surely.

Need to get a sleeve sponsor too, there is no two ways about it, finance over style right now.
I am sure the club said previously that we had offers but they were not high enough. The reports said the Angry Birds deal was £1m per season. Its big money for most of us, but not really in football terms. If companies are making offers lower than that, then I can understand the club turning it down because it essentially devalues us.

I am sure the club said previously that we had offers but they were not high enough. The reports said the Angry Birds deal was £1m per season. Its big money for most of us, but not really in football terms. If companies are making offers lower than that, then I can understand the club turning it down because it essentially devalues us.

Yeah just think we are in a position at the moment where the income will be needed.

1m a season, laughed at or not, is money in the bank we could do with.

I say it every season but I'd love either something similar to the 87 shirt, the one with the wrap around collar. Simple white collar and cuffs and no yellow!
I'd also love Amber socks for a season.
Had to Google what that looked like as I would've been 1 at the time. I like it. Would like to see another make. Maybe back to Nike or adidas. Don't think they've ever made our kits

Had to Google what that looked like as I would've been 1 at the time. I like it. Would like to see another make. Maybe back to Nike or adidas. Don't think they've ever made our kits

With Nike and Adidas its a bit of a double edged word, because if your in the Champions League regularly and at the top end of the table, the club will get a big deal, but for the fans the shirts go up to £100 each.
If you are not in the champions league they would pay the club less than we get from Hummel and we would get a template kit and as we saw from Nike, (2012 to 2014) we often received our kits late because they prioritized other clubs and part of the reason we had the ugly 13/14 badge is because Nike wanted something easy and cheap to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.