Worst ever sub appearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro789

Player Valuation: £5m
Might be recency bias but Tom Davies v Newcastle 2-2 is up there. Went something like this...

90 + 3 Plays sloppy ball to Digne + they score from corner.

90 + 4 Gives away stupid foul on halfway + jumps under free kick, pinball in box they score.

FT Walks off pitch shirt over head (a la A. Williams).

Fin.

Didn’t Besic come on against Chelsea and give away a goal with his first touch trying to do some sort of trick?

Yep. Came on and tried a backheel around the halfway line. I'd been bigging him up to a few kopites at work that he was a great signing. 30 seconds after the backheel my whatsapp messages were going berserk.
I switched notifications off for a few hours.

Being 2-0 up v West Ham back in 2016 but being down to 10 men since it was 0-0. We play 4-4-1 which was working perfectly fine and the Hammers looking utterly clueless until Roberto Martinez came up with the bright idea with 15 minutes to go of putting Naisse on for Aaron Lennon, going 4-3-2, then we collapsed and lost 3-2 with three goals conceded in the last 12 minutes.

Neil Adams at Wembley in the 1986 Charity Shield was another. Come on as sub against Liverpool but got subbed himself within minutes for behaving like the proverbial headless chicken and not following Howard Kendall's instructions.

John Oster against leicester 97/98 season. 1-1 and in desperate need of a win Kendall took off a popular player, Madar possibly( honestly) and brought on young John the fans booed the decision and Oster understandably froze and spurned two golden opportunitys late on.

Screenshot_20220607-205634_Samsung Internet.jpg
veggie one for me.. proper waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.