New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I have sympathy for anyone addicted to anything be it alcohol/gambling etc. I disagree with the current cancel culture we live in.

If a gambling company wants to sponser something it should be their money, their choice.

We talk about being a free loving land when all we seem to do is moan about things we want to see banned / restricted. ?‍♂️
Should least be checks in place to prove they have the money to gamble in the first place.

FUzlfyjWQAEA03X (1) копия.jpg

If only the club didn't virtue signal regarding gambling, Sportpesa, & how it doesn't match the ethos of the club. It almost, almost, screams hypocrisy

That said, we all know theirs no real moral compass in football so maybe next time the pandering self-congratulatory statements will be put to bed.
End of the day a sponsor is a sponsor, makes little odds to me personally whats on our shirts.

That's not to dismiss the addition of gambling etc, more a nod to another example of Everton lacking foresight.

What is the value of the new sponsorship deal, do we know?

People keep saying record deal without saying the numbers involved.
I read this morning (can’t remember which paper’s website it was) that it was £10,000,000 a year, up from the £9,600,000 that Cazoo were paying us.

So if true, it is indeed a “record breaking deal”, but not by much, and surely every new deal should be “record breaking” based on inflation alone?!

But bare in mind that allegedly they are paying in cryto-currency (as they did with Watford), so unless we convert that to actual real money sharpish, that amount could either change to £75,000,000 or £3.83 overnight ??‍♂️

If only the club didn't virtue signal regarding gambling, Sportpesa, & how it doesn't match the ethos of the club. It almost, almost, screams hypocrisy

That said, we all know theirs no real moral compass in football so maybe next time the pandering self-congratulatory statements will be put to bed.
End of the day a sponsor is a sponsor, makes little odds to me personally whats on our shirts.

That's not to dismiss the addition of gambling etc, more a nod to another example of Everton lacking foresight.
This is the problem when u have a CEO who from a charity and not a CEO who ran a major company before.

If I were to purchase the new kit, nobody within 5000 miles will have ever heard of “Stakes”.
I can hear the comments now; “ Hey buddy. You’ve spelled “ Steaks” wrong.”

Cazoo are looking to save £200m a year so it's possible they initiated a clause or something themselves rather than us.

Typical.
"Business realignment "
Profits before people eh??
We'd be better off with the mafia as sponsors.......no more Everton that???

I'm am now indiferent to the new kit designs as I will not be wearing this one... (Although I do have an old SportPesa one). They don't need me to advertise in the USA for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.