Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure about 20-30 odd years ago, it was rumoured that the then Sultan of Brunei (no idea if it’s the same fella as now), was an “Everton fan”, and there was talks of a potential investment from him. It was either him or someone very close to him.

Or I’ve completely misremembered some obscure fact from the past and am chatting complete cobblers!

Ha ha, don’t read the tabloids mate! They had colonel Gaddafi leading a consortium to take us over in the late 90’s. I remember the sultan of Brunei story, 1997, £60m would have bought the club back in those days.

I dont know that deal? How would it relate to Everton?

To sweat Everton, they would first have to drive up business performance?

The club essentially took out a mortgage in 2002 against Goodison and it’s revenue of 30million for 25 years, at an interest rate of about 8%,4-5 mill a year - these were the days you could get a Lescott, Jags , Arteta and four Tim Cahill for less then the interest payments, which bled us dry for years, essentially we paid back 68 million on the 30 million, until Moshiri cleared the debt. The original deal was with Bear Sterns, who sold it on to Prudential. It was part of the reason we couldn’t build the planned annexe at the park end.

All true

All of those things exist whoever is owner though.

Currently Moshiri writes blank cheques to cover for them. This board (primarily the chairman and CEO) are unable to take the action that is needed to remedy it. At some point, there comes a time when Moshiri cannot keep writing cheques.

An American takeover would seek to improve performance. That's in no way as easy as some would assume. I think there are some quick and easy wins in turnover terms, but honestly most of the way is quite hard graft.

I'd kind of hoped Moshiri would make the changes required, but he hasnt and I dont think he will.

We are in a poor position whatever happens, and I think we all knew this already. While Americans may cut costs, we all know we need to improve and cut costs, and that that improvement wont happen with this board in place.

Cutting cost is a necessity agreed either way. But I’d prefer to do it with a cheque writer behind me, rather then leverage losses through debt mate. Difference between a soft and hard landing. Free money or money with consequence.

The club essentially took out a mortgage in 2002 against Goodison and it’s revenue of 30million for 25 years, at an interest rate of about 8%,4-5 mill a year - these were the days you could get a Lescott, Jags , Arteta and four Tim Cahill for less then the interest payments, which bled us dry for years, essentially we paid back 68 million on the 30 million, until Moshiri cleared the debt. The original deal was with Bear Sterns, who sold it on to Prudential. It was part of the reason we couldn’t build the planned annexe at the park end.
For certain manager/s. Also a Pienaar.
We don't have that hit rate anymore.
We got used to taking that efficiency for granted.
Funny how you only miss what you've had when it's gone.

What were Bills words? "a Rooney a season" ?

Don’t get me started mate 12 million for Arteta, criminal, still not over it.

To be honest not much has changed, we haven’t turned into some money making machine. This isn’t a reboot if it comes to pass it’s a return to where we where. Unless these lads are going to be dropping cheques.

Don’t get me started mate 12 million for Arteta, criminal.

To be honest not much has changed, we haven’t turned into some money making machine.
12 months left weren't it? And a promise made and kept?
American money, Uzbek money, Sultan money, offshore tax haven money, it's all got to come from somewhere. Its easy talkin up someone elses finances (or down) what are we expecting? the market has become more competitive not less. We survived by the hair on our ass.
BMD up and earning, Goodison closed (very sadly) and altered, our standing in the top league, continued survival. What more is there?

scribbled_walls.png

I would say we are a great club to takeover as we tick many boxes.
History
Fan base
Cheap (under performing)
New ground
Opportunities that arise because of the ground around the area
Great city
We aren't RS victims

I'm personally loving this

We've all been wanting change and now its possibly here were like 'better the devil you know' well sorry but we've just been 90 minute's and 2-0 down from getting relegated after spending half a billion quid!

Too 'kin right i want change.

Everyone looking at potential new owners saying he's linked to him or they represent that, the fact is who ever buys us will be corrupt just like every other football owner on the planet. They will all have their dark side.
Qatari's
Iranians
Russians
Americans
Saudis
Cockneys

It doesn't matter to me bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.