Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is if it was someone with a European sounding name from a European side none of us had ever heard of we would be getting excitted, such as Abdoulaye, Andre or Allan Marques Loureiro, have an bog standard English name such as Harry and we dont like it
Or it's because we've seen him at Spurs for years so know how he plays in this league plus his injury issues. Moura is Brazilian and I don't want him here either for example.

The notion of signing winks is underwhelming for sure but people claiming he's atrocious is absurd. He played regularly in the champions league was chosen often by poch at spurs. Hes a decent player but for me not the type of profile we require.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...-tarskowski-transfer-academy-overhaul-1702629

Suggests it's a loan and that we are looking at other players of a similar profile. I choose to believe this.

first line of the article: 'A major cultural shift is underway at Everton as the club work flat-out to reshape the playing squad and restructure operations off the field ahead of the new season.'

trying to sign garbage like winks does not signal any major cultural shift.

Yes, I believe this. No chance Lampard was allowed to decide our transfer targets while he wasn’t even in a job. The fact he wouldn’t start Alli until a dead rubber at the end of the season kind of solidifies that too.

Of course he was. It would've been talked about in the interview. No way was it "Right, Jaffa has spent the Digne money, but we can get Alli and DvB...that sound?"

No problem with this me. The days of bidding for over priced players who mostly couldn't give a toss about us are gone thankfully. I trust Frank knows what he is doing and this lad is already an improvement to our holographic midfield even before Frank gets to work on him.

Have to laugh at how we do business. Any club would be glad to get this dummy off their books but Spurs hold on looking for a big fee. Along comes Everton and start a bidding war with themselves. It would be like us to hold on to Gomes whilst we wait for £20m bids to come in.

To clarify, Harry Winks takes the ball from defenders and moves it up the field better than anyone in our squad right now.

Also, he is decent, hardly Xavi, but decent...again, we finished 16th, Spurs 4th.

We will need better players. Not pinnacle worldies, but better players...which Winks is.

Status
Not open for further replies.