Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were buying younger we would pay less in wages.
If from outside the PL we avoid the exorbitant British price hike.
It should be cheaper overall for a player whose ceiling should be higher and whose value could rise exponentially,
And I am fully conversant with our situation due to massive overspend breaching PL limits, thank you very much.
Buying unknown players from Europe also comes with massive risks. Sandro, Klassen etc..

Recruitment has been our weakness for a while, but last year was far better. Gray, Townsend Bergovic and Rondon for a total outlay of £1.7m. Add to them Mykolenko, Patterson an Ali and it feels like a better position than previously.

i cant really comment on Winks, all I have really seen are his YouTube compilations. To be fair he looks like he can pass better than any of
our midfield.

Th3 biggest problem is that everyone thinks we can magic up talent. The stats and data mean that there are fewer hidden gems. All of Europe knows the good up and coming players They are not a secret anymore and it takes money to get them.

Buying unknown players from Europe also comes with massive risks. Sandro, Klassen etc..

Recruitment has been our weakness for a while, but last year was far better. Gray, Townsend Bergovic and Rondon for a total outlay of £1.7m. Add to them Mykolenko, Patterson an Ali and it feels like a better position than previously.

i cant really comment on Winks, all I have really seen are his YouTube compilations. To be fair he looks like he can pass better than any of
our midfield.

Th3 biggest problem is that everyone thinks we can magic up talent. The stats and data mean that there are fewer hidden gems. All of Europe knows the good up and coming players They are not a secret anymore and it takes money to get them.
Should have left Rondon off your ‘better’ list by the way. He was an absolute disaster who we now have to replace.
And the whole point of a successful scouting department is to identify players ahead of rivals.
But if as you say it’s impossible to achieve that task we may as well close the scouting department down and save money (actually I think we may have done so already).

Should have left Rondon off your ‘better’ list by the way. He was an absolute disaster who we now have to replace.
And the whole point of a successful scouting department is to identify players ahead of rivals.
But if as you say it’s impossible to achieve that task we may as well close the scouting department down and save money (actually I think we may have done so already).
Rondon is stll here btw.

The scouting system has to be way better than what it is but we aint taking a punt on a kid for a specific role such as Winks will provide.
Of course we need to buy younger prospects and develop then maybe move on at a profit.
But not for this specific role , it would be an almighty gamble to do that.

Anyways , a loan is good ,safe business atm.

Rondon is stll here btw.

The scouting system has to be way better than what it is but we aint taking a punt on a kid for a specific role such as Winks will provide.
Of course we need to buy younger prospects and develop then maybe move on at a profit.
But not for this specific role , it would be an almighty gamble to do that.

Anyways , a loan is good ,safe business atm.
Of course I am aware that Rondon is still here but if that particular awful lump has any role to play in the forthcoming season, I despair . He must be replaced even if it Simms who is given his chance.
On Winks the crux of the matter is that we fundamentally disagree on his worth.
You see a useful player whereas conversely I see a useless player with a very limited skill set who is mostly adept at crab football.
I suspect our views will remain irreconcilable on this issue.

I suspect we are going to do a loan with an obligation to buy and when you add the loan fee to the purchase price Levy will have what he wanted and we will look like prat’s again. If this guy flops it is a huge mark against Lampard. He already has one for signing off on Ali

our midfield.

Yeah, it's often missed. Premier league experience is a massive bonus when you look at scouting players.

I think most of us had Leon Bailey and Soumaré as massive coups in the transfer market last summer, but they have both been garbage and could both be moved on a la Klaassen this summer.

^^^^ This. The club now on it’s 3rd DoF & we’re still helping out EPL clubs with their cast offs.

Winks may improve our midfield options (just), but there has to be better options overseas that would cost less & not come already on bloated EPL wages.

This is not scouting.

Yeah, it's often missed. Premier league experience is a massive bonus when you look at scouting players.

I think most of us had Leon Bailey and Soumaré as massive coups in the transfer market last summer, but they have both been garbage and could both be moved on a la Klaassen this summer.
It’s a bonus you pay heavily for however.
Which means you get significantly less value for money.
It means we can generally only afford to buy failed or failing players from PL clubs in the (usually vain) hope we can halt their decline.
It is a poor transfer policy for me since it overvalues PL experience over actual ability.

Loan deal. Super ideal. Winks in Gomes out. Better midfield by a tiny notch. Our kinited budget can go elsewhere which is great
It will be a permanent deal essentially. Loan fee with obligation. Mark my words. No way spurs agree to a straight loan with 2 years left on contract

The blokes an utter bore but while I don’t think he’s particularly good, having him will probably allow us to play a different way + retain possession. So he could actually make us a much better team, without being a world beater himself

Status
Not open for further replies.