Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have left Rondon off your ‘better’ list by the way. He was an absolute disaster who we now have to replace.
And the whole point of a successful scouting department is to identify players ahead of rivals.
But if as you say it’s impossible to achieve that task we may as well close the scouting department down and save money (actually I think we may have done so already).
I absolutely accept that he was a disaster at the start of the season, but was looking better towards the end.

We are in the same position as we were last summer. Sell to buy. There will be no incomings until Richarlison or DCL have gone.

We are scrapping over free transfers. That is our market, not young players with potential.

Can’t be judged until we have seen him perform for a season.
The form and value of the loan will have a bearing on the final evaluation of its worth also.

It can be judged at face value now as good business regardless of how it ends up.

Otherwise you couldn’t say signing Messi on loan was good business in case he did his ligaments in on the first day of the season.

Winks on loan adds a PL capable body to our midfield.

Our scouting system has been poor but using Rondon as an example doesn’t really hold up as he was 100% a Benitez signing, it isn’t like we sent scouts to watch him.

Winks could go either way, if he recaptures his form under Poch then he could be one of our better players, could be good for Dele too. Let’s see, seems to be happening though.

He is better than Gomes and Davies. I know that’s not hard foundation to beat. However we are in a tricky situation with financials at present. Any slight improvement on any area is good. If it’s a loan deal then that’s even better.

Ok, £7.5m for Harry Winks for a year. Not exactly a bargain.
Certainly not if he was a plumber but definitely cheap for a Premiership footballer.
The big advantage also is I don't think it would affect our FFP situation or if it did, by very little.

How good will he be?
We have to trust the judgment of the manager.

It can be judged at face value now as good business regardless of how it ends up.

Otherwise you couldn’t say signing Messi on loan was good business in case he did his ligaments in on the first day of the season.

Winks on loan adds a PL capable body to our midfield.
I suppose it depends on your initial evaluation of the said player.
I don’t value this cockney particularly highly so I shall wait and see before coming to a conclusion.
It’s entirely subjective beforehand.

He played the majority of league games under Poch when they finished 4th, and their form actually went backwards when he was out injured. Can’t argue direct correlation but they certainly didn’t seem to improve. They lost 8 in 28 that season, then in the 9 games he missed towards the end they lost 5 of them. He played in one game in between and they won it.

In the following season under Mourinho he featured even more heavily and they finished 6th.

Two very different managers who both clearly rated him enough to play him every week barring injury. But Everton who just about survived relegation and haven’t finished anywhere near the top 6 for years are too good for him ?

I don’t get it.

I absolutely accept that he was a disaster at the start of the season, but was looking better towards the end.

We are in the same position as we were last summer. Sell to buy. There will be no incomings until Richarlison or DCL have gone.

We are scrapping over free transfers. That is our market, not young players with potential.
Never looked anything more than a useless lump from beginning to end , up to and including the awful tackle and subsequent dismissal that I fervently hope will be his last meaningful action for our club.

Fair to say my 9 year old lad is less than enthused by this potential deal..?
3C1CB9E4-3D3A-469C-8C56-0B42894BC573.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.