2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
"you don't sell your best players, you build around them"

massive problem there, when nobody else can even get a loan fee then you don't really have a choice but to sell one of your best players.

It would be all well and good if we actually had other players we could sell so we could hang onto Richy and try and renegotiate his contract but the fact is we don't. The timing just isn't right for Pickford, no club that could afford the £35-£40m for him needs a new goalkeeper right now and there is no market at all for Calvert-Lewin as he's been injured for practically a whole season.

Keeping Richy will almost certainly mean that we go into next season with a similar squad to what we already have which is an absolutely unthinkable scenario in my mind.

The people saying £80+m or no dice need to understand that we'd be keeping a player here that seemingly wants to move on and it brings him within 12 months of the end of his contract and we'd never see above £40m (being incredibly generous) for him if that were to happen.

The right way = buying players like Richarlison, hell even DCL, watching their value grow and then selling them
The wrong way = breaking your transfer record on a 28? year old from Swansea, spending 27m on a Striker from Turkey, giving Arsenal, a rival, 34m for Iwobi, I could go on.

I could list the failures we have made, the list would be quite long and it would highlight the mistakes we made, but you know who they all are, 27m Bolaise, giving Sandro 120k a week, 60m for Gomes, Doucs and Allan.

Im not saying ALL those players I mentioned are bad, im just saying, given a HUGE amount of hindsight that we could have spent 557m over the last 6 years much, much better.

So youre suggesting we should buy young players with potential...

...if only someone had suggested this years ago.

Cos theres a line between needing the money and not selling an important player cheaply.

We need to reach the sweet spot.
Exactly this. He’ll go but it’s crucial we get it right. Leeds just sold Philips for £45 million FFS and people think we should take 5 million more for Richie?

Laughable.

Dont want any spurs players from the deal with rich. Think alot is just talk esp the players coming to us part of the deal.

Not being funny but if we accept Lucas Moura as part of the deal then we deserve the relegation and subsequent liquidation we’ll get.
I think that was Law throwing a name out, I think it’s more likely that we get Winks on loan as part of the deal

Think there a big difference in Richarlisons market value and his value to us.
Bit like Sigurdsson and Swansea when we came for him. He was never a £45m player, but they knew they would struggle to replace him and set an inflated price.
Richarlison was directly involved in 1/3 of our goals I read recently, that is very difficult to replace and signing one player in the hope they replicate that sort of contribution is naive.
I can’t argue with the shouts of not a penny less that £75m not because I truely believe he is worth that, but because we will need at least that to stand a chance of finding someone to contribute what he does to our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.