Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go for a no obligation loan, or you can keep him.

Spurs want him off their books, and we don't want to be in the Juventus "obligation to buy" position if he turns out to be Tom Cleverley in disguise.

They also still want to buy Richey, and with Chelsea interested, they face missing out to a rival through trying to haggle with us over a player they don't want.
Honestly I think we are in a better position with Richarlison then people think.
Yeah we might not get the silly money people are demanding. But say sommat like £60m + X player on a no fee loan with option to buy at X amount, could be some great business.
If the player is pants, back he goes. If decent, we have a good player at a reasonable fee.

Honestly I think we are in a better position with Richarlison then people think.
Yeah we might not get the silly money people are demanding. But say sommat like £60m + X player on a no fee loan with option to buy at X amount, could be some great business.
If the player is pants, back he goes. If decent, we have a good player at a reasonable fee.
We absolutely are. We have an asset that other clubs want, and especially with them competing with each other for his signature, we can afford to ask for exactly what we want. No doubt Levey will do his usual haggling and miss out. Wasnt that long ago that he refused to pay £30M for Grealish. A season later he went for £100M.

I'd go for a no obligation loan, or you can keep him.

Spurs want him off their books, and we don't want to be in the Juventus "obligation to buy" position if he turns out to be Tom Cleverley in disguise.

They also still want to buy Richey, and with Chelsea interested, they face missing out to a rival through trying to haggle with us over a player they don't want.
No doubt we'll agree to a loan with obligation to buy for £25m. Would be utterly atrocious for a player apparently in his peak (age-wise) who cannot get near the Spurs side. Imagine selling them our best player for £50m then giving them half back for one of their worst players!

Look at the players though. None of those fill me with confidence that we would be any better than last year. I know the argument is who do we expect to get considering our position but the scouting team needs to pull out their fingers and find some hidden gems rather than the same old route that has got us where we are now with overpaid, average footballers that have not done anything in the PL already.

If this indeed does come to fruition i lose all hope, i honestly do as I thought even with limited funds, with Lampard and Thelwell in, we would see a change of tactic and not continuously go down this same road that has gotten us into this situation and yet expect a different outcome. It makes me think that there is something seriously wrong at the core of the club. I can take the odd signing which doesn't work out but when its continual and we do not learn, then that is at best neglectful.
I understand what you mean, but the problem with hidden gems is they’re a gamble, will they adapt to the premier league, will they adapt to life in England? Are they up for the physicality of the league?The pace of the league?
In an ideal world we would buy some gems to slowly integrate into the team and proven talents to improve the team instantly. Unfortunately after years of poor management/transfer strategies we are left skint meaning we can’t buy for the future/ take a gamble on people which means we buy who is going to improve us instantly, will some be a huge improvement no, but an improvement non the less

Still leaves a gaping black hole where Richarlison should be. He won't be easy to replace and the players linked don't fill me with optimism.

I understand what you mean, but the problem with hidden gems is they’re a gamble, will they adapt to the premier league, will they adapt to life in England? Are they up for the physicality of the league?The pace of the league?
In an ideal world we would buy some gems to slowly integrate into the team and proven talents to improve the team instantly. Unfortunately after years of poor management/transfer strategies we are left skint meaning we can’t buy for the future/ take a gamble on people which means we buy who is going to improve us instantly, will some be a huge improvement no, but an improvement non the less
Agree with that, though things will never change on the scouting front unless Thelwell makes them change. We risk losing out on better players that represent greater value for money and may make us a healthy trading profit down the line. There may be resistance to change from within several quarters.

It's not taking a risk to the extent of just plucking an exotic name from a database and signing them. If there is some in-built problem in scouting players outside of these shores, it has to be addressed. Perhaps even setting a target of one signing in four, that comes from that route. They will have to do something as radical as setting a quota if that's the only way it can be addressed.

There is obviously some embedded way of thinking which sees us go down the same routes for players and hoping that a collection of signings, mostly out of favour at their clubs and needing to be moved on, can somehow shack up here and knit neatly into a pattern that makes all the pieces fit together. The result, as we've seen, is anything but that.

Who are we picking out of the bargain bin?

Have to look at it with the FF, wages are higher but at least its not making other clubs richer. I would go for Lingard and it won't happen and I choose to forget he played for Liverpool Origi (Sheedy, Ablette, Beadsley and Harper didn't do too bad)but he scores goals in big games. Sidibe come back, if we need a right back cover?

I've tried to be realistic, two who might want to stay in the North West and one thats been her before, who did OK.

Obviously Isco and Dembele stand out, but wages would be crippling. I doubt Eriksen, will choose us.

Status
Not open for further replies.