Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
With our current scouting and recruitment setup over the past 20+ years mate I don't want us touching the foreign markets until we completely overhaul the scouting network.

It's been an unmitigated disaster even when we had good recruitment under Moyes the fails where invariably the imports (Arteta had played in Scotland so not counting him)

Kroldrup, Marvin gaye, linderoth, vdm, Drenthe, all absolutely dreadful despite all bring either highly rated at one point
Yes but sooner or later we will have to if we want to keep up with the top 10. We have a new director of football.

Moyes didn't buy many from the league unless it was cast offs. Most were lower leagues and imports.

I agree but his best were also players who hadn't kicked a ball in the prem before.

Are we relying on a backup striker?
Well yeah when he’d be backup to DCL who couldn’t stay fit after suffering a serious injury last season. We also don’t know what system Lampard will favour so he may be more than a backup.

Regardless of a player being on the bench I’d like to be able to rely on them to come into the team and perform to a standard that doesn’t have us lingering around the relegation zone again.

G...I S.....ds.n?
Superimposed1656950854679.jpg

*Alleged

I reckon these Dennis links have surfaced purely for the fact he’s of a similar mould to Richarlison. And whilst I loved Richie, hear me out here. I honestly reckon we would do well moving away from signing a player of the same mould.

Arguably our best player and his work rate was second to none, but for what he provided the team overall in terms of creativity and progressing the ball, I think we need better from a winger/wide forward.

Going for a player who is in essence a BTec Richarlison seems like the wrong move IMO.

Ok, so Adams is off. Now we seriously need to figure out who to target. I've been saying for weeks we need to giving Knight at Derby a shot. He would cost very very little in the grand scheme of things.

Meh Sky are bad blaggers nowadays.

If we're in for him, hopefully it's a loan with option to buy.

I think because of the new Fifa rules Chelsea cant do their normal thing of loaning out 20 players a season, its capped at 8 from this season by Fifa, so Chelsea are going to have to change their strategy. Possibly sell him with a buy back clause or sell on percentage. Think it will be similar for Gallagher and Gilmour.

Status
Not open for further replies.