Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's playing dm while he's getting acclimated zat? We definitely need someone who can slot in swiftly. I'm open to getting him in, but a more complete player would be preferred. Dont want a patterson situation.

Depends what outlook you have for this season.

I'd be happy with substantial game time for Patterson, Branthwaite and others like Price, Onyango, Dobbin etc.

Gordon is likely to start every game and if we end the season mid-table with 4 or 5 u21 players pushing for starts in the first 11 then I'd consider that to be a big 'win'.

Regarding Onana and other u21s who we may sign then as long as they force their way into the first 11 in the 2nd half of the season I'd be happy.

Have to look at the 2023/2024 and 2024/2025 seasons for a European push with a fresh young squad. To do that we'll need to be patient with the younger players.

My enjoyment / interest this season will be from watching player development.

Depends what outlook you have for this season.

I'd be happy with substantial game time for Patterson, Branthwaite and others like Price, Onyango, Dobbin etc.

Gordon is likely to start every game and if we end the season mid-table with 4 or 5 u21 players pushing for starts in the first 11 then I'd consider that to be a big 'win'.

Regarding Onana and other u21s who we may sign then as long as they force their way into the first 11 in the 2nd half of the season I'd be happy.

Have to look at the 2023/2024 and 2024/2025 seasons for a European push with a fresh young squad. To do that we'll need to be patient with the younger players.

My enjoyment / interest this season will be from watching player development.

…as much as I rate him, I have my doubts Branthwaite will get much game time, especially if we bring another CB in. From what I’ve seen of Onyango he’s got great physicality but not great quality, so he’s another that might struggle.

I’ve liked Dobbin since I first saw him, he‘s always just looked right. His size/frame could mean he plays more from wide positions and there might be an opening for him to get game time on the right.

What's the point of a striker if we can't provide them proper service or even have someone to move the ball down the pitch where goal opportunity can be created. Midfield and creative players are more a priority to me

Who are we playing when dlc is injured?

You can't expect that opinion to be taken seriously.
Those are phenomenal stats.
Not for a striker. They're really good, but phenomenal no. And as I've said like 14 times he really didn't do a lot of midfielder things the same as Sigurdsson never really did.

…as much as I rate him, I have my doubts Branthwaite will get much game time, especially if we bring another CB in. From what I’ve seen of Onyango he’s got great physicality but not great quality, so he’s another that might struggle.

I’ve liked Dobbin since I first saw him, he‘s always just looked right. His size/frame could mean he plays more from wide positions and there might be an opening for him to get game time on the right.

I think no matter which players, if weve got Gordon + 3 more players u21 who are in and around the 11 by end of the season then we'll be doing well.

If Branthwaite is to get games then its going to be in a 3 at the back or on loan i think...unless we see centre back sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.