Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree with this to be honest. The evidence last season proves it for me. Fans wanted a change with Benitez because he was the worst appointment we could possibly have made.

The manager has a lot of support. The players have not a lot of support. The board and owner have virtually no support. People seem to have finally realised the problems are the players and the hierarchy
Very much this

With the exception of those fans that are saying they back the manager, yet very slyly will try and go from thread to thread to undermine him.

“From 16th to 16th”

We know who you are

Very much this

With the exception of those fans that are saying they back the manager, yet very slyly will try and go from thread to thread to undermine him.

“From 16th to 16th”

We know who you are

He's right that there are some fans who will be delighted if things go badly for Lampard. But they are a very small minority, and they have had an agenda to not support him from day 1.

If people get on the manager's back early in the season, then I will be embarrassed. The squad is currently not good enough in my view for anything better than around where we came last year. If the manager isn't supported then we need the fans to be rational and have realistic expectations this year. I think we will see that to be honest. The board have no one else left to take the flak for them.

Don't agree with this to be honest. The evidence last season proves it for me. Fans wanted a change with Benitez because he was the worst appointment we could possibly have made.

The manager has a lot of support. The players have not a lot of support. The board and owner have virtually no support. People seem to have finally realised the problems are the players and the hierarchy
I agree with the basic principle of what you're saying but to be fair I think the majority of fans have always known that the players and board are at least as much of a problem as the managers, that's not a new development. The difference this time is there's currently a connection between the manager and the fans that hasn't been there with the last 5/6 people in the job, which should mean people aren't as quick to want him booting out. There's nothing different in the way our fans treat managers, they will ultimately be the person who carries the can for poor performance at all clubs, because it's easier to change manager than it is to change boards or entire squads.

No mate, only a doom sayer would think like that. We were up against it from the off no DCL, RAF, VAR,refs,every injury imaginable,CB pairings from hell, Rondon upfront, etc
Based on the above, we are already better 0ff than last season
Every team has its excuses for underperforming.

I think you're in for a shock if you don't expect this squad to struggle again. It's more or less garbage from front to back.

I agree with the basic principle of what you're saying but to be fair I think the majority of fans have always known that the players and board are at least as much of a problem as the managers, that's not a new development. The difference this time is there's currently a connection between the manager and the fans that hasn't been there with the last 5/6 people in the job. There's nothing different in the way our fans treat managers, they will ultimately be the person who carries the can for poor performance at all clubs, because it's easier to change manager than it is to change boards or entire squads.

If anyone seriously thinks a managerial change is all we will need to turn things around, then they are extraordinarily deluded.

No mate, only a doom sayer would think like that. We were up against it from the off no DCL, RAF, VAR,refs,every injury imaginable,CB pairings from hell, Rondon upfront, etc
Based on the above, we are already better 0ff than last season (unless you are a doom sayer that is).
We’ve lost Richarlison and are yet to get a replacement. Also, less with the smug ‘doom sayer’ labelling, it comes off as virtue signalling. Injuries and all the rest just sounds like revisionism - we were down there because we were awful on the pitch, and on paper, we’ve lost 10 goals. I think people are allowed to expect a similarly painful season without any further movement in the market.

Based on the above, we are already better 0ff than last season

I'm a bit lost here. We haven't kicked a ball yet this year so how are we better off already?

We had bad luck, poor decisions etc but over 38 games we weren't good enough. Lots of those issues you point out could easily happen again. DCL could get injured, we could get poor decisions, Tarkowski will still need to play alongside one (or two) of our average defenders, Mina is likely to still have injury issues, Rondon could easily still play - we only need 1 injury for that.

I think your expectations of this squad, without improvements, are extremely unrealistic.

Which I have been saying for ages.

Fans wanted Benitez out sure. But they were also calling Carlo Ancelotti possibly one of the greatest managers of all time a prehistoric dinosaur who didn’t know how to run a training session or coach attacking football by the end of his time here. Silva and Allardyce were also for the scrap heap according to the majority of fans.

I think fans are finally waking up and realising that a bit of a progressive training session is not going to suddenly make Keane Coleman and co play like a team able to qualify for europe but that does not mean that the fanbases obsession with the manager has gone.

If a few results go south early doors next season, it won’t be Moshiri being blamed for a poor transfer window, it won’t be the players being blamed for whatever stupid mistakes they’ve made in the game, I’ll guarantee right now most of the shouts in here will be ‘play 433 or you’re gone Lampard’ ‘he rode the emotion of last season but that’s over’ ‘we should have got Kovac whilst we had the chance’.

If no one thinks that, then no one should turn on a manager early in a season, because that would be extremely illogical.
And I don't think they will, I also literally said that? I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make here? What I was saying is that even when fans do want a manager out, it isn't generally because they think the board and squad are absolutely brilliant and a new manager will suddenly make us world beaters, it's because managerial change is easier to accomplish than board change or squad change. The same happens at all clubs, managers get sacked a lot more often than chairmen or players do, this is not a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.