2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch us be worse than Moshiri and hound lamps out by Xmas.

Vultures
I think Frank may jib it off if there's no movement on transfers soon.

People saying it won't do his stock any good are a bit off key, most can see what a mess we are in top to bottom and may actually think he's doing the right thing.

Genuinely fear for the club.

People saying it won't do his stock any good are a bit off key, most can see what a mess we are in top to bottom and may actually think he's doing the right thing.

Tbh if there isn’t any movement on transfers we’d probably be better off with him walking as he isn’t the manager to take on a backs to the wall rescue job against all the odds. Give me Dyche on the touch line for that, not an aging golden-generation hype job.

Even if we do get a few in I’ve seen nothing yet to suggest he is up to the task in hand

I can’t see that happening and haven’t seen any comments or actions that make me think it’s even a vague possibility to be honest. It just seems to be fans getting it into their heads it’s going to happen without any real basis.

Whether people think he’s doing the right thing or not, any chairman is going to be reluctant to appoint a manager who has shown a willingness to walk away at the first sign of difficulty. He found it difficult enough to get a job before us, if he became known as the bloke who jibbed it before the season to save his own reputation he’d find offers in very short supply I think.

Let’s not all behave like we owe Frank anything. He’s done nothing in management - took Derby from 6th to…6th.

I like him and like some of the bits we played under him but he’s getting overrated by fellow blues and the media just because he was a good player.

Roy Keane was a good player, wouldn’t rate him as a manager.

IF we had a chance to get a better manager I would take it. But if we’re not going to back Frank, what’s the point?

Hope that's not true. I couldn't see him doing that,can you really. He's got the passion now just like us fans. He believes In what he's trying to do. He's brought in his Team to work along side him. Frank is Everton just like me and you. Come on Toffeemen.

Interesting point of view. Not specifically regarding lampard but any manager. I dont think Ancelotti did anything special with this squad other than make them hard to beat. But he also had 3 players lampard never had in terms of assisting. Rodriguez digne sigurdsson. Plus for large parts calvert lewin.
As someone who's been watching this squad for a few years now i genuinely dont think the anything special is in them. I think its unfair and unrealistic to expect lampard to get anything like that out of them. Two managers with 40 years of top flight and top club experience never. I dont know why anyone would think lampard can.
I'm not knocking Lampard at all, I'm just very surprised to read over and over again, that he saved us, I simply don't see it. I know the squad is terrible, but almost every noticeable decision he made was poor, and everybody here was saying the same, and now all of a sudden he's the hero who saved EFC. Like I say, the supporters FORCED (almost had to bully) them over the line. Again, I'm not anti-Frank, I like him and obviously hope he does great here and becomes a legend. Early days it may be, but I've not seen anything at all... yet.

He was a great middle man between disappointed fans and under-performing players...helped the fans help the players over the line
He brought an 'in it together' attitude we were missing
Sure, I agree, but that's not much to recommend him as a premiership manager. That's the kind of thing Dunk used to do for us, in the background, while the manager managed the team. Again, my problem isn't with Lampard, I'm just surprised to see so many posts saying 'we owe Lamps', or 'he saved Everton', none of those things are true.

Everybody should be 100% behind this man going into this season.

Seeing his passion and hearing his words at the end of last season showed that he got what it was all about.

Anybody who has turned on him already after he managed to keep us up with one of the worst sets of players ever assembled can seriously GTF.

He is still very young in his management career. He’s managed 2 teams before Everton and done ok jobs at both.

If you are expecting miracles from him with these players then football isn’t for you.

I'm not knocking Lampard at all, I'm just very surprised to read over and over again, that he saved us, I simply don't see it. I know the squad is terrible, but almost every noticeable decision he made was poor, and everybody here was saying the same, and now all of a sudden he's the hero who saved EFC. Like I say, the supporters FORCED (almost had to bully) them over the line. Again, I'm not anti-Frank, I like him and obviously hope he does great here and becomes a legend. Early days it may be, but I've not seen anything at all... yet.

Yeah mate it wasnt a post to say you were knocking him. I didnt read it that way. Far from it.

i know it's not Frank's modus operandi

but i honestly just want him to focus on improving the defence and midfield and to find a way to stop leaking goals for fun

i'd rather grind out a solid 1-0 or 2-1 than have a bonkers 4-3 or 3-2

we've had quite a few heavy defeats under frank as well which is worrying

need to just focus on the basics like defending set pieces and tracking runners and pressing hard off the ball then you can work on everything else
This 100%

Seems a lot of the training, at least what they show, is ball retention in tight spaces.

These players don’t seem intelligent enough to think as a team, really hope he goes hard to beat and constant drills in training not to leak sloppy goals

Let’s be honest, Frank Lampard didn’t save Everton but he had a hand in the club avoiding relegation. Everton as a club are at our lowest ebb in our top flight history. Frank Lampard has not caused this fall from grace, no individual player has caused this fall from grace, the blame for the mess we now find ourselves in lies with the Board who have made bad decision after bad decision for years. They have brought in the wrong people and then backed them when they made the wrong decisions.
They have brought in manager after manager who have only stayed long enough to waste money on players to fit a system that never gets carried through.
We need stability around the playing side of the club, we have needed that stability for years but the Board keep sacking managers, what we need is a regime change. We need to realise that we are a very badly run football club with a very poor squad of players. We will never fix the problem until we recognise the cause of the problem, these players and the managers we have had are symptoms of our malaise not the cause, the Board are the cause and the more fans direct their frustration at Frank and the players the more they will be allowed to continue to drag this once great club down.
It is time for all supporters of Everton Football Club to unite in a campaign to oust the Chairman and the Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.