#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But IIRC DBB was first out of the traps to set these up before the clamour for direct fan involvement on the board. A fan director. That's what fans were petitioning for in the wake of the Euro League failure. Shamefully this club's board allowed itself to be a pilot of sorts for this.

I suspect it was to get ahead of it - appear proactive rather than reactive.

It looks better to appear to do these things out of goodwill than necessity.

I was just relistening to the Fans Supporting Foodbanks episode that recently aired on Southalls podcast.

The 27 campaign can take heart from those guys. Started small and it's now grown to a massive movement.

How? Consistency of message and consistently being visible. Same time, same place. Every game. They don't necessarily need to protest at every game, but be there to answer questions for those on the fence.

I wish them every success, God knows change is needed.

And total waste of time, it has absolutely zero power or influence.

I think when a private company looks to regulate/moderate 'engagement', it loses a lot of credibility.

I've used the example of how the club used the Everton Fans Forum to justify that crest...

It becomes tokenism. Look, we ticked the box - we engaged with fans

It's so unnecessary too. Fans aren't hard to engage with. You don't need a body, organisation or representative. 40,000 turn up every fortnight. You've got millions following on social media. No doubt hundreds of thousands on an email database.

The club can do what they did with the stadium surveys, or when they got the now clubs director of comms' agency Kenyon Fraser in to fix the badge balls up. Workshops and quantify with fan ID polls.

In difficult times, FAB/Everton Fans Forum etc become almost counter productive. If fans don't think there represented, or inadequately, they'll lash out:

So the club set up the FAB which everybody knows is going to be used as a mouthpiece and their words will be meaningless and then proceed to use said FAB as a mouthpiece.

Why can’t they get things right? Why can’t they have the balls to answer difficult questions themselves instead of releasing nonsense statements from the owner and putting hand picked fans between them and the body of the fanbase?

This isn’t some business cock up which gets talked about until the next business cocks up, this is thousands of people who will support the club until they die, it’s not just going to blow over.

Don't even start.
How dare people want better than a board who’ve spent 500m+ to nearly get this club relegated, how dare people who want just a more professional run club protest, how dare people want just a better Everton ,il take my anger out on them rather than a board so far in the dark ages it’s untrue it’s set this club back another 20 years.

Kenwright has his tentacles in alot of Everton related media , people who defend this man’s failure have the club they want

Surely no blue is dumb enough to believe that the chairman of our fan advisory board just happened to be wandering by the club's offices waiting to give his unprompted endorsement to a board he depends on for his position at the exact moment sky were there covering a protest agaionst said board?

Surely no blue is dumb enough to believe that the chairman of our fan advisory board just happened to be wandering by the club's offices waiting to give his unprompted endorsement to a board he depends on for his position at the exact moment sky were there covering a protest agaionst said board?
There will be blues who believe it imo, peddling the line oh that was his personal opinion, like they randomly found him on the street , the club is run by pure narcissists

Yes. But IIRC DBB was first out of the traps to set these up before the clamour for direct fan involvement on the board. A fan director. That's what fans were petitioning for in the wake of the Euro League failure. Shamefully this club's board allowed itself to be a pilot of sorts for this.
It’s totally different Dave, when people refer to the likes of Germany. This FAB are just engagement mechanisms- the fans would like LGBTQ day; wouldn’t it be great if we could do XYZ. The club take it onboard and see if they can do it.

At the end of day it’s simply a public image thing, oh look what we’re doing

Status
Not open for further replies.