Match Thread Blackpool Vs Everton Sunday 24th July 3pm kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a good chance we will get beat by these today unfortunately. We are currently worse than we were last season which is really quite astonishing after being almost relegated and having lots of time since to strengthen but actually doing the complete opposite. Chairman of the fan board is happy with the boards performance though so that's ok, nothing to worry about. Blackpool will definitely see this is an opportunity to beat a PL side who cannot score or defend and give themselves a decent pre-season confidence boost.

we might as well start with 3 at the back because with no new players forthcoming for the Chelsea game that is how we will line up. As for your team i doubt Alli is a starter neither is Mina. And Allan not sure if fully fit to play yet
Fed up with these crocks though,decent players but personally I’d start to question their attitude to play,do they truly have the desire to play weekly?none of them go off the field in agony do they?play the buggers and make them earn their vast salaries.

I'm not as worried as most of you, yet. I've seen it all before, expectations built on pre season friendlies and things work out better
or worse than everybody thought.

At least we're not going into the season thinking we're a chance of winning or even being competitive in the run for trophies, so the pressure's off.

We don't want a season long relegation battle, but with the mood as it is, a comfortable mid table finish will be OK - for now.

I don’t understand why we are playing Blackpool, a win here doesn’t fix anything, a draw is meaningless and if they beat us it only confirms that we are a mid table championship side.
Surely we should be playing teams which are of Premier League standard, with two weeks to go to the league starting surely we should be testing our front line players and the system against quality sides, I mean no disrespect to Blackpool but they are not yet of Premier League standard.
We really do have our own way of doing things.

I'm not as worried as most of you, yet. I've seen it all before, expectations built on pre season friendlies and things work out better

At least we're not going into the season thinking we're a chance of winning or even being competitive in the run for trophies, so the pressure's off.

We don't want a season long relegation battle, but with the mood as it is, a comfortable mid table finish will be OK - for now.
I agree with you bro, it wont be a pretty season but I don't think it will be ass bad as last season. Dont forget, last season we had 15 games where we were bereft of any fight, plan, effort and s=desservedly came away from those games with next to zero. Whilst it wont be good, this season in the equivalent 15 games, we will show enough to get more than last season, albeit only half a dozen more points from those games, but enough to keep us away from the real danger zone. P16 finish is my guess but sadly, that is an improvement.

To be honest, "a comfortable, mid table finish" was well beyond us last season. Given that we've since then sold our main goalscorer without buying another one, it would suggest at best, the same again.

I like your optimism but conversely I think the pressure is very much on. Some good performances today after the recent debacle would at least be an improvement of sorts with two weeks to go.

I

If you
In all seriouness got that hospitality within the everton section so looking forward to something a bit different.
Worst case scenario, head out, go get an ice cream and some donuts.
If you see Kenwright in there shove the ice cream in his face for me please

I agree with you bro, it wont be a pretty season but I don't think it will be ass bad as last season. Dont forget, last season we had 15 games where we were bereft of any fight, plan, effort and s=desservedly came away from those games with next to zero. Whilst it wont be good, this season in the equivalent 15 games, we will show enough to get more than last season, albeit only half a dozen more points from those games, but enough to keep us away from the real danger zone. P16 finish is my guess but sadly, that is an improvement.
Maybe we will but what makes you think we'll do as well against the better teams like we did last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.