• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory, Gana was always good at reading play and rushing the ball receiver and nicking the ball or disrupting play. In the mould of Lucas Leiva/Fernandinho type role, dropping behind the midfield cutting off play through the middle in-between the lines and also covering with his running the wingback that push up.

I think this kind of player, will be key to how Lampard wants the team to play high up pressing, passing quickly and on the front foot.

Really hope this gets done now.
who would you use as a receiver if we play with a left tight-end thought? a wide receiver would be needed for the offence . think about it.

cheers mate. i`m obviously no football tactician but having Gana and Iwobi in the same line up really appeals to me along with what we`ve already got. i`ve been very up beat (unlike most) about Lampards signings so far and bringing Gana back would be brilliant. In Frank We Trust ;)
I had to laugh at the football tactician thing. I'm the same. Never played the game to any high level but I think I have a grasp on the basics required. What is a total blind spot to me are tactics. I recognize the high wing backs we are attempting to play, long ball tactics and tiki taka or whatever it's called. However, I could watch a team play football all day every day and not recognise a double pivot, single pivot, a false nine or a diamond formation.

It's fantastic recruitment mate, you bring in a player who knows the club and area so no adjustment period or risk of not settling, knows the league and performed at an incredibly high standard in it, and who has actually improved as a footballer since he left.

Yes he's 32 and by the end of a two year he'll be 34 but who cares, he's not showing any signs of slowing down so can feel pretty confident even if he does start fading a bit he's coming from that high a level the drop off would still comfortably see him better than anything we have even next season.

It buys us time to fix other areas of the squad, have a great player at the heart of a quite youngish team and in two years time the club should be in a much stronger financial position.

It also leaves a loan spot free.

"Everton have been in regular contact with PSG since midweek in an attempt to bring back Idrissa Gueye. The Senegalese midfielder (32) is currently linked with the capital club until June 2023. He would like to honour this final year of his contract. But in recent hours, discussions have intensified between the two parties. They will continue to try to reach an agreement quickly. It is difficult at the moment to determine whether a loan or a transfer is on the cards."

Would make me feel a whole lot better about the coming season. Need to try and get it over the line so he’s available for Chelsea.

I can’t stomach another Gomes / Davies axis of pure evil.

When was the last time they actually played together? Really don’t think we’ll ever see Gomes again thankfully.

The value of the deal is probably something that makes sense, i suspect we will prob be taking on about 4 mill a year in wages, thats about what JT is on. If there is a fee its likely not going to be significant so our ammotisation cost will be low.

Looks a much better value deal then the one we were sniffing around for Dendoncker a couple of weeks back.

When was the last time they actually played together? Really don’t think we’ll ever see Gomes again thankfully.
Not sure…probably a while ago, but you are always only a couple of injuries away from having to endure it again. But I hope we don’t see either of them again starting a PL game.

Almost certainly gonna be any combo of Gana, Allan, Doucs and Iwobi barring injuries unless we bring someone else in as well

Dont know why people are botherd meself bet ya theres gay jokes going off in everyones whatsapps all the time

Not wearing a t shirt isnt the end of the world

Gay people woudlnt even be botherd

Status
Not open for further replies.