Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk away right there and go back next year - strikes me as like the last McNeill situation when we were quoted 35 mill notes last year.

Wolves are mad if they dont sell him for that.
Madness. £35m for a player with potential and who has had one good season in the Championship. He's obviously open to leave, so at this point you're playing a very risky game if you're trying to squeeze any more out of Forest.

Considering it looks like we got the Belgium bloke (sorry can't spell his name) for around the same price... massive swerve on mgw. Glad we didnt pursue this further...
dont forget though MGW is a midfielder capable of scoring goals. Onana has yet to prove that. Still a big worry for me: the lack of proven goalscorers in the current squad.

Yeah mate I think we will sign another from Chelsea most likely - wouldn't shock me if we actually brought in two more either (Gilmour and either MGW or Gallacher)

If Lampard wants to play in a 3 at any point the options would be:

DCM: Gueye Onana Gbamin

RCM: Iwobi, Davies

LCM, Docuoure Allan Gomes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the three in bold aren’t here at the start of the season. Davies is also as useful as a bucket with a hole in it.

Given the rate our players get injured we could very quickly end up with one player for each position and they might not even be who Lampard trusts.

If we could get another creative mid to add something different when the 523 isn’t working, and make it into a 433 then that would be a decent option. I still think the lad Gilmour would be a decent option especially as Tuchel seems to have cast him aside.

If Lampard wants to play in a 3 at any point the options would be:

DCM: Gueye Onana Gbamin

RCM: Iwobi, Davies

LCM, Docuoure Allan Gomes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the three in bold aren’t here at the start of the season. Davies is also as useful as a bucket with a hole in it.

Given the rate our players get injured we could very quickly end up with one player for each position and they might not even be who Lampard trusts.

If we could get another creative mid to add something different when the 523 isn’t working, and make it into a 433 then that would be a decent option. I still think the lad Gilmour would be a decent option especially as Tuchel seems to have cast him aside.

bucket lol - gilmour has gone on loan

Biggest issues last season were thus:

1. The centre of defence was a disgrace.
2. We had zero support from central midfield ahead of the defence.

Now we have a new starter in defence in Tarkowski, and potentially looking at strengthening further in that position. And we're on the verge of signing two solid central midfielders.

I see that as identifying the issues and solving them so that we don't suffer the same fate this season.

Yet if we don't sort out the striking issue I still see us in a relegation fight.
You never said

So with Gana and Onananana coming in, with potentially Coady(Cant see it myself) and potentially a Striker, that means we would need to offload 4 names from this list.

Who do people think it might be? Not who do you WANT it to be by the way, should cut down on the times Keane and Gomes are mentioned.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (3)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Rúben Vinagre
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)

Midfield (7)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (4)
Andros Townsend (HG)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón

Gomes, Allan, Mina, Niels are my 4 names.

Last edited:

So with Gana and Onananana coming in, with potentially Coady(Cant see it myself) and potentially a Striker, that means we would need to offload 4 names from this list.

Who do people think it might be? Not who do you WANT it to be by the way, should cut down on the times Keane and Gomes are mentioned.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (3)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Rúben Vinagre
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)

Midfield (7)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (4)
Andros Townsend (HG)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)

Strikers (2)
Salomón Rondón

Gomes, Gbamin, Allan, Keane in that order for me.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (3)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Rúben Vinagre
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)

Midfield (7)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (4)
Andros Townsend (HG)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)

Strikers (2)
Salomón Rondón

Gbamin probably out on loan. Not sure what Townsends recovery time frame is and whether it's worth registering him.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (3)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Rúben Vinagre
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)

Midfield (7)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (4)
Andros Townsend (HG)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)

Strikers (2)
Salomón Rondón

Nkounkou, Gomes & Gbamin will all be gone before the windows up. How long is Townsend out for? He could be left off the squad list.

Status
Not open for further replies.