2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head goes down way too easily and unfortunately not looking like he will ever get back to the old Dele. Shame really as was hoping for an Iwobi-esque transformation

Big decision to make here, do we play him, to see if he improves with minutes, or, make sure we don't use him any more and cut our losses, just paying his ample wages for the next 2 years, but, without triggering any of the add ons with Spurs? For me, sadly, I think it's the latter, for a lad with his talent to let matches pass him by and to impress the manager Soo little that, even in times of dire emergency, he is not given a starting role, the assumption has to be, he just doesn't want to be a footballer enough to make it happen for him. Sad, but, I really think he's finished at this level.

Having said all that, I would be delighted if he proved me wrong, but sadly, I don't see that happening.

The fact we put Gordon who can’t hit a clean ball upfront instead of Dele tells me all I need to hear at this stage.

I thought he could be saved but Franks actions make me think otherwise

I thought he should have started today but I also understand him starting Gray / Gordon through the middle.

I think he will come good, needs a run of games imo.
Never mind you thought he should have started, the worry is the manager, the man who watches him 7 days a week decided that he wasn't the man to start the game. What we think amounts to didley sqaut, the manager deems him after a summer of training not the man to start!! Seriously, and I try to remain positive, this guys goose is cooked.

It’s definitely concerning that he couldn’t even get a start today considering how light we are on attackers. Not writing him off but The signs really aren’t great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.