Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loan with option to buy for striker seems most prudent. If they have a great year then we can keep them but if they struggle to adapt then we can go in next summer with more options to consider.
Especially if it's Ajorque as he's 28 and in the prime in his career, but unlikely to have resale, so you don't necessarily want to commit to spending big on him. You can see why we'd try. Unfortunately I can't think of any reason whatsoever it would be a good deal for Strasbourg.

…bit of Giroud about him.

Lefties tend to look skilful. Decent scoring record, 6ft 6in and 28 years of age.

Wolves linked in recent days, apparently £10m bid rejected.

We are going to have some seriously tall players in the squad if we carry on like this. Imagine having to defend a corner against Onana, DCL, Ajorque, Dele and Mina.

(not to mention Coady, Tarks and Keane can cause a problem).

….remember the folk on here who wanted to keep him. My word, it was bad business signing him but great business getting rid.

I’d have him back defo to be honest, im didn’t know any him to go, he has huge talent and quality to be cultivated by someone - I wish it would have been us.

At the end of the window I will hopefully agree with you. But at the minute, give me Richarlison with last year's squad over the current squad every day of the week.

Our lack of threat last week against a totally average Chelsea side was unacceptable, and was nothing to do with the manager or his tactics. He just isn't being provided the tools to do his job.
If we had last seasons squad Tim, with the current injuries we have, we'd be going into the weekends game with Keane and Holgate at the back, Kenny at right back, whoever just happens to be fit in midfield, and a front 3 of Richy, Gray and Gordon, two of whom will possibly be playing this weekend. The bench would be made up of youth players. I mean, I miss Richy and wish he was still here, but that defence though.

Status
Not open for further replies.