Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not have to pay them the full amount of their contract if you terminate early ? If so whats the point in actually getting rid ?

Can only register so many players for your squad, so keeps them from hanging around for no reason and does them a favour by giving them the opportunity to play for another club

The idea would be to negotiate an immediate release with compensation less than what they would earn by staying, on the basis they can still earn this season playing for another club, so no chance they get the full amount.

Unless we could settle for less than 1 years salary, we would hurt our P&S position as some costs that would only hit the accounts next year would be brought into this year, and we can’t stomach that.

Only professional pride would see them accept a really low amount. As we saw with Cenk, if you are crap, you rinse the club for every last penny.
Maybe Gomes could move to MLS. Certainly there is a team who needs a good looking, slow moving midfielder as a posterboy.

I like his middle name anyway
6F158596-A87F-4FE0-84FD-8B3EA7ED4A69.jpeg

Improved the defence, improved the midfield, but in attack we've gone from Richy + DCL to McNeil and Adams. Never change Everton.
We still have DCL. He isn't dead. He's out for 6 weeks. And we haven't bought Adams. And even if we did, which I doubt, it would be as back up to DCL.

Gueye.
Terrier.
Camara.
Gallagher.
Broja.

Out of names we've been linked with this window with a 'chance' of getting still, I'd say these are all the stand out ones who would fill a need in the team and improve us significantly.

Most of the others vary from a short term 'he can do an ok job' but who wouldn't take us forward longer term and would need to be upgraded soon, or just players who fill a short term need out of desperation.

Kinda think we need to avoid the latter ones as we just kick the can down the road a season.
Fairly sure we still have Gilmour on a list, of course Gana and Camara would be preferred, but I think hes on there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.