Everton Youth Teams Thread

Martin Waldron went some time ago and we’ve never recovered from it. He was excellent at his job however so is Kenny Williams. I think he’s an excellent appointment.

They won the U18 category 2 league that year (which is a very high standard), coached by Kieran Driscoll and IMO if they hadn’t had players missing, they have comfortably beaten us in the youth cup however they had some key injuries.

They should have won the whole youth cup a year before that. They got beat by United in the semi final 2-1( (I think) when McGurk scored but there had a few big injuries that day as well. If Joe Geldhart had been playing, I reckon they’d have beat them comfortably.

Not only have they had McGurk and Geldhart, they do produce a lot of really good players.

Alfie Devine was bought from them during COVID by Spurs. Jensen Weir who’se a highly rated England international was bought by Brighton to name a couple more.

There’s a few really good players there now as well.

carraghers son who we were linked with last year made his 1st team debut last night for them

Martin Waldron went some time ago and we’ve never recovered from it. He was excellent at his job however so is Kenny Williams. I think he’s an excellent appointment.

They won the U18 category 2 league that year (which is a very high standard), coached by Kieran Driscoll and IMO if they hadn’t had players missing, they have comfortably beaten us in the youth cup however they had some key injuries.

They should have won the whole youth cup a year before that. They got beat by United in the semi final 2-1( (I think) when McGurk scored but there had a few big injuries that day as well. If Joe Geldhart had been playing, I reckon they’d have beat them comfortably.

Not only have they had McGurk and Geldhart, they do produce a lot of really good players.

Alfie Devine was bought from them during COVID by Spurs. Jensen Weir who’se a highly rated England international was bought by Brighton to name a couple more.

Jensen Weir is Davy's son I think.

England U16 Squad is announced. Any Everton players here? This is meant to be the best England youth group since Bellingham's group (i.e. the 2003s, who won the U19 Euros last month)

Well it was “ The Secret Scout” who gave it the “ best group since 2003” tag line last season when they were u15s. Their results didn’t justify it then , but results may not be everything at that age so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Well it was “ The Secret Scout” who gave it the “ best group since 2003” tag line last season when they were u15s. Their results didn’t justify it then , but results may not be everything at that age so we’ll just have to wait and see.
Yes that's who I read it from. He does seem quite knowledgeable TBF.

Sorry we have his son Joel listed as our head of academy recruitment. https://www.evertonfc.com/club/academy/meet-the-academy-staff/recruitment Martins heading an agency now I think

Sorry we have his son Joel listed as our head of academy recruitment. https://www.evertonfc.com/club/academy/meet-the-academy-staff/recruitment Martins heading an agency now I think

Joel of still involved but giving him the title / job was a huge mistake. I can only assume it was a way of keeping Martin as the defecto head of recruitment, after what happened.

Joel, although a really nice lad, was literally a secretary at the club who did admin for the academy, nothing more.

As you say, Martin’s now an agent. He’s the agent of Alfie Devine, one of the players I mentioned in my post earlier but Martin knows football, he was a brilliant head of recruitment.

Joel of still involved but giving him the title / job was a huge mistake. I can only assume it was a way of keeping Martin as the defecto head of recruitment, after what happened.

Joel, although a really nice lad, was literally a secretary at the club who did admin for the academy, nothing more.

As you say, Martin’s now an agent. He’s the agent of Alfie Devine, one of the players I mentioned in my post earlier but Martin knows football, he was a brilliant head of recruitment.
Yeah I feel they never really filled the hole Martin left hopefully the new man is able to bridge the gap that's developed. Cheers fir the insight

In some ways i think I’d rather see this match streamed than the u21 game. It’s always intriguing to see the newcomers at u18 , the u21 starting selection last week was very much tried and tested players, with only Okoronkwo and Kouyate coming on off the bench offering some newer faces. Early days of course and we’ll see how both teams develop in the coming months.

In some ways i think I’d rather see this match streamed than the u21 game. It’s always intriguing to see the newcomers at u18 , the u21 starting selection last week was very much tried and tested players, with only Okoronkwo and Kouyate coming on off the bench offering some newer faces. Early days of course and we’ll see how both teams develop in the coming months.

Any U-18's worth keeping an eye out for that you know of mate?