Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes some great points.

All I think with Guirassi is it seems a lot of noise at the French end, but nothing really from the trusted journos here. And most of the signings have been quite swift, out of left field and sort of had the Joyce/bobble/Fab seal of approval very shortly after. Nothing on him. Strong links from France though so cant be discarded.

I honestly think we are looking at 5 or 6 mate. Seen the huge German guy, guy from Coventry, probably considering Adam's too. Some are more like for like target men, others a bit more of a cross between Richarlison/DCL.

As for Chelsea, I don't think we can discard getting someone on loan from them late on. Looks like they are going to have a dump of players available late on. CHO seems shot, bit Pulisic would be a fantastic late loan IMO. You also have Broja or Gallacher who could be loaned.

As for the loan spot argument, I do get it and it makes sense. I do think Dele type deals mat become available though. If you're in our position you are basically rummaging through bins* so are quite strong negotiators. We could easily look to structure a deal, which essentially kicks in with a first payment next summer if we we get short (say after 20/25 games).

* The one exception would be a big sale. I wouldnt rule it out either. Newcastle seem to want to make a splash, and in almost any position will want to do so again in January. If they are already looking closely at Gordon, unless he goes wholly off the radar they are not going to be going away. In such a scenario, we have a little more flexibility. What's pleasing is, Thelwell seems to know how to maximise this position, rather than spuniing say 75% of it on Keane Lewis Potter.

What makes me think it’s Guirassy mate is that there was strong jungle drums that Chelsea tried to a deal for him when Lampard was there, he played against Chelsea in the CL shortly before. Its good though that we might be short listing - doing our due dillegence as it where.

Similar to the striker you just can’t predict who we might go for at Chelsea, you wouldn’t fall of your seat if you ended up with one of Broja, Gallacher, Gilmour, maybe CHO or Pulisic would be left field. The biggest surprise could be that we do none from Chelsea at all.

Its a tricky one to call, we may need a contingency in Jan, but it’s also a limited (El Gazi) window - whether it’s better spent on say a Gilmour now, or as an emergency in Jan, will be a judgement call I think.

On outs clearly aren’t futures for Gbamin or Gomes now, I think Gomes may go permanently and his injury might be holding things up, while Gbamin may be a loan out, I don’t see much of a market and certainly we will be taking a hair cut.

Break my heart to ooose Gordon mate, I think he’s exceptional, be a big no from me even at 60 mill. I’m all in on the lid.

Yeah I think we're not out of the race for Broja just yet, and I think Frank would be happy to buy him - funds permitting.

If not Guirassy then I do think a foreign loan for a striker is absolutely on the cards, and I think that's always been the plan.

Everyone is waiting in the wings on Chelsea's situation, but I think it's smart that we look elsewhere first and then do a deadline deal, or perhaps in January for one of their players. We just can't hang around waiting for Tuchel to put the 'For Sale' sign up and potentially walk away empty handed.

The thing with the Chelsea loan is who are they going to loan to mate, on recent evidence it’s likely to be a club, who they don’t see as a threat, like Palace or Southampton last year.

I can’t see them loaning Broja to say WHU given where they finished and they will be wary of the money at Newcastle.

Not sure how they would see us, but we’re hardly a threat and we have a manager I suppose they’d think would do right by them.

The thing with the Chelsea loan is who are they going to loan to mate, on recent evidence it’s likely to be a club, who they don’t see as a threat, like Palace or Southampton last year.

I can’t see them loaning Broja to say WHU given where they finished and they will be wary of the money at Newcastle.

Not sure how they would see us, but we’re hardly a threat and we have a manager I suppose they’d think would do right by them.

I can see both Broja and Gallagher becoming available later on, question then becomes could we somehow get both ... And if not which one would we try for

Adams and Guirassy
Adams would not add anything. He would run around a bit and not provide a goal threat - we have plenty of players like that already. At his age as well, we would be unlikely to find anyone who will pay the kind of fee for him that we have and he is probably already at his ceiling.

We need to stop signing players for whom Everton is almost guaranteed to be the biggest club they will ever play for. We need players who should be able to take that next step, either with us as the team improves, or by bringing in money by moving to a bigger team. I don't mind Guirassy as a stop-gap but Adams, or him and Adams would be a terrible end to the window.

Need to be smarter. We have no idea if Broja can get the goals due to his lack of experience, but we know he is extremely young and has all the attributes. Need to avoid Adams like the plague - there are plenty of options out there.

Regarding sources. It has been refreshing not having TalkSport as an Everton itk this summer. They were dropping stories ahead of everybody else the last few years without ever missing. Glad that dodgy platform is no longer getting the exclusives.

Che Adams is simply not good enough if we have bigger ambitions than being a team fighting to stay up season after season. We cant buy players we already know are not good enough even if just for "back up"
Thats not how you strengthen the squad. Ideally you buy players who improves the first 11. Then the players who almost relegated us last year become our back up players.
For short term bring Artem Dzyuba. Available on a free and can play the lone striker role on a very high level. Would give DCL a good fight for his place in the team.
Would be a decent short term fix but won't happen. Bringing in a Russian to the dressing room at present would be a no no

Status
Not open for further replies.