Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh everyone knows we need a striker so we’re probably fielding a lot of calls that go

Agent: “ Would you like Maupay”
Everton: “er, we’ll think about it”

Press: BREAKING Everton considering….

Our lack of a striker may indeed mean we do not win, but for people to say it will lead to our defeat is baffling to me? Defence ins now undoubtedly the strongest element of our tea,. If we dont win tomorrow, we will get a point, away points are never to be sniffed at.
I understand where you're coming from but this really is a massive leap. We've added a couple of good solid PL centre halves on frees and loans, I'm not sure why some people want to pretend we've signed Van Dijk and Dias. We'll have to see how the unit works, whether the midfield offers enough protection, whether the 2 wing backs can do that job properly etc. I've seen a few people talking about the defence as if it's going to be impregnable but it's massively jumping the gun.

Rondon is possibly underrated by Everton fans, in part due to his link to the Benitez period

Yes, he's 33. But that aside, he actually has a better goal record over his career than many of these strikers linked from France etc. When he arrived last season, I don't think he was fully fit. His goals per game record at Everton is freakishly low vs the rest of his career. If he's at full fitness, we may see more productive performances from him

Rondon is possibly underrated by Everton fans, in part due to his link to the Benitez period

Yes, he's 33. But that aside, he actually has a better goal record over his career than many of these strikers linked from France etc. When he arrived last season, I don't think he was fully fit. His goals per game record at Everton is freakishly low vs the rest of his career. If he's at full fitness, we may see more productive performances from him

He may have HAD a better goalscoring record but his current record over the last few years is not good and the present, not the past, is all that matters. Hence all the reservations about the Dele signing.

They've gone way, way over the top. I understand they lost key loan players last season that needed replacing but Cooper is going to basically have a full squad of people he doesn't know, that don't know each other, it could (and am expecting it to) all go horribly wrong.
Gonna make fun viewing, whatever way it goes

He may have HAD a better goalscoring record but his current record over the last few years is not good and the present, not the past, is all that matters. Hence all the reservations about the Dele signing.
I guess it's a question of whether, at 33, he's past it now or if after a full pre-season he's in decent shape. The coaching team will obviously have a good idea of this

His record from 2018-2021 is c.0.4 goals per game, which I wouldn't say is not good. His record at Everton is 0.05 goals per game, which isn't good, but he was unfit coming from China, in the terrible Benitez team, devoid of confidence and also quite a few appearances as sub with fewer minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.