2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are still utterly fuming we stayed up, make no mistake about that.
I have about 3 or 4 individual bets with people that he'll still be here by the end of the season and 1 that Lampard will still be Everton manager by January. Its absolutely ludicrous.

The media did go fully all in on us going down too you're right, absolute ghouls.

I have about 3 or 4 individual bets with people that he'll still be here by the end of the season and 1 that Lampard will still be Everton manager by January. Its absolutely ludicrous.

The media did go fully all in on us going down too you're right, absolute ghouls.

If we’re in a somewhat decent position after the first 5 games it will not be pretty. Expect a doubling down of refereeing corruption and stories of our finances to be dug bag up in the media.

I'd give Frank Lampard a go. Thought he did OK at Chelsea and the fans were sad to see him go.

He's learning still as a coach but he's had 18 months top flight experience plus Europe.

Here's the first post I did in the thread. Not a like or a comment.

Frank Lampard for me.

Last time I suggested that it was met with silence too lol

Reactions:JLW

The second post 7 days later. Still no mention of Frank from what i could see.

@JMT or anybody else for that matter.

Here's my first post in this thread.

Can somebody please tell me what's so bad about Lampard as an option.

My third post on the thread another week later. This one did prompt multiple responses, all telling me why Frank wasn't suitable.

You may well have supported Frank at the time Tim, but i don't recall seeing your posts but I probably never read them all in fairness. But you didn't like any of my above posts or indeed comment on them, which is what I would have done if it were the only other person on the site who seemingly agreed with me.
I think there were several at the time who were suggesting lampard, but got dismissed like yourself. I remember him being discussed numerous times. Think I responded to one of your posts last June saying I wouldn't be against him as thought he did decent at Chelsea but that it would be a gamble for us.

But there was also that many posts about it, I'll have missed lots so won't have responded to them all.

Thats subjective in its nature though as you dont speak for every supporter out there.

For every young hungry manager in one persons eyes is an inexperienced, rookie manager in anothers.

For every arl, "washed up" manager in some fans eyes is an "experienced" and "pragmatic" manager in another - David Moyes was apparently washed up according to many of our fans.

If everyone could accept football isn't black and white and we all hold differing opinions on the game the nicer we would all be to one another.
Still doesn't explain why you get his name wrong all the time.

It's mad the outside perception of him. To anyone who isn't an Everton fan he's an under pressure manager who is massively out of his depth who'll be sacked by October. The media poison really does infect everyone.
I listened to the athletic football podcast where they were previewing our game against Villa and the guy was saying how our team screams relegation and that defeat tomorrow will really ramp up the pressure on him and Forest need to target their game against us next week as they'll be competing against us to stay up. Media talking us and Frank down at every opportunity, hopefully a seige mentality will set in and we can prove the doubters wrong.

Lost his best player and has the club scraping around to bring in some dosser on loan to replace him, let’s not forget that.
Who's to blame for this? Moshri? Bill? or Kevin? Someone has looked at the team/squad and decided with the funds we got from Richie, a forward isn't the priority. If it's not Frank, as your post suggests, that who is it? Someone needs to be held responsible.

Who's to blame for this? Moshri? Bill? or Kevin? Someone has looked at the team/squad and decided with the funds we got from Richie, a forward isn't the priority. If it's not Frank, as your post suggests, that who is it? Someone needs to be held responsible.

Well I’d say it’s Kevin Thelwell who’s been given full control over transfers this summer after Moshiri’s revamp.

I listened to the athletic football podcast where they were previewing our game against Villa and the guy was saying how our team screams relegation and that defeat tomorrow will really ramp up the pressure on him and Forest need to target their game against us next week as they'll be competing against us to stay up. Media talking us and Frank down at every opportunity, hopefully a seige mentality will set in and we can prove the doubters wrong.
It's all either sticking the knife in or being dismissive of him and us.

Don't think a single section of national media has given Lampard the credit he was due for keeping us up considering the absolute mess that the disgusting suit of walking cholesterol left us in.

This thead is hilarious right now, Frank is as safe as a manager can be.
It's clear by how well the board have operated in this window that Moshiri is finally staying away from big decisions like hiring and firing mangers.
Thankfully Bill, who is known for having long and supportive working relationships with managers, is back in charge, and Frank will not only be supported, he will ge given time.

It's mad the outside perception of him. To anyone who isn't an Everton fan he's an under pressure manager who is massively out of his depth who'll be sacked by October. The media poison really does infect everyone.
Yet Gerrard is seemingly under no pressure despite actually having a slightly worse record than Lampard in the PL and bringing in lots of players on big wages etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.