Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't even based on his performance but by the way he speaks and carries himself as a 20 year old. Mature beyond his years and he's a physical specimen to excel in the Premier League. The comments by reputable people in the game and the little cameo reaffirmed the above. Sometimes you just know.
sadly will be injured next week

Why?

We didn't create any sitters that were missed, bar the one that fell to Gray's feet in the first half and I've seen DCL and Richy miss loads of those.

We don't create good chances.

Anyway, one of those players now plays for Spurs and the other one won't be back until October.
Richarlison or DCL would have got onto the Rondon chance and would have stretched their front line far more than our initial front line did.

There’s also the corners aspect. I’m not saying we would have won, but I’d have felt it far more likely.

Why?

We didn't create any sitters that were missed, bar the one that fell to Gray's feet in the first half and I've seen DCL and Richy miss loads of those.

We don't create good chances.

Anyway, one of those players now plays for Spurs and the other one won't be back until October.

They were all over the place defensively. Richy would have got at them and DCL from a set piece.

I think Davies showed why Lampard should move him on promptly
You’ve obviously made your mind up on Davies (many have) so I’m sure there’s little point in me saying that he did really well today. Some important tackles and a couple of decent passes. If you actually watched him objectively he did well today and for the time he was on the pitch he was second only to Iwobi.

Agree with most of that but did you see Holgate flick his heel up behind him to block that shot when he should have flung his body in front of it? Maybe I’m being harsh but it looked a pathetic effort.

Also Davies was poor I thought but we all recognise different elements when watching a game which is why I like seeing others reactions on here.?
Fair point about Holgate. My thought was Coady had the opportunity as Ings was definitely shooting at that point and he had the best position to block in my view. I thought Davies did very well off the ball and was ok in possession but perhaps he made more misplaced passes than I remember

S

Spot on. Anyone deluded enough to think we will dramatically improve this season and finish in the top half would be concerned.
Anyone thinking we’d be mid table or just below will not be panicking based on the performances so far and with all things considered. - desperately need another option going forward is my only caveat.

Both teams have got mid table written all over them.

Gordon needs to be gone I'm afraid. That Claire Balding fade could well of given him his inner confidence....his outer confidence however does nothing.. Runs well !!! For 30 minutes.....

I think maybe a d
I can’t see more than 5 goals between the two of them.
I think maybe a few more than that but certainly no more than 10. We're in enormous trouble without a forward. Villa were there for the taking and will be down near the bottom with us at the end of the season. They're the exact sort of games away from home we need to be coming away from with some points.

Things we learned from this one

1. Myko can't play LWB - he gives you virtually nothing going forward
2. Defence well organised
3. Wing backs need to play much higher up the pitch - when we did in the 2nd half we looked a lot better
4. You can't play 2 in CM - yet again we get overrun there
5. Gordon tried his heart out but will never be a lone central striker
6. Iwobi is currently our best player - bloody hell ! - his transformation has been remarkable
7. Frank needs to be bolder in his selection. If he is wedded to 3 at the back the wing backs need a far higher starting position , 3 in CM and 2 up top.
8. Onana could be a steal.

I really like Mc Neil but shocked how poor he's been in the 2 games - he has to play left hand side - I'd play him LWB

We all know we need a centre forward but are now at desperation level. We won't win games without a decent CF it's as simple as that.

Pickford
Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Patterson McNeil
Gana ( please ) Onana Iwobi
Gordon and DCL /new CF

Wins you more than we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.