2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have billy breathing over your neck chanting champions league and a list of players to go for which retired years ago he has a tough job

Who knows what scouting network we have these days. Just seem to be duped by agents

Hopefully times will change - who knows

Think hes done a really poor job so far. Got his priorities completely wrong.
Honestly I think starting a game with no striker and hoping to fluke a goal was better than going into a game today with a back three of Keane, Holgate and half fit Coleman and getting absolutely destroyed but hopefully scoring.

Obviously we wanted defenders, midfielders and strikers asap but I can see how that would be difficult.

Honestly I think starting a game with no striker and hoping to fluke a goal was better than going into a game today with a back three of Keane, Holgate and half fit Coleman and getting absolutely destroyed but hopefully scoring.

Obviously we wanted defenders, midfielders and strikers asap but I can see how that would be difficult.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. We improved the defence yes but its not like we have Cannavaro and Maldini at centre half

We had the worst defence, midfield and attack last season.

There were no right or wrong priorities other than strengthening the team.

Can have Lukaku in your side doesn't make a difference if your CM partnership is Davies + Gomes and Keane and Coleman are at the back.

If he had bought the strikers first, and we had lost both matches 3-2 you would be complaining that he should have strengthened the defence and midfield first.

But instead he strengthened the defence and midfield first, so you complain about the lack of strikers.

If however we had picked up two draws, either of the above wouldn't have been as big a problem.

And as I said in previous posts, we will finish top 10, so losing the first two matches won't matter in the long term.

At least we're not being managed by 10Hags...

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. We improved the defence yes but its not like we have Cannavaro and Maldini at centre half
It’s not, no, but for zero transfer fee we went from mostly playing Coleman and Keane as CBs in a three to replacing them with Tarkowski and Coady which is infinitely better.

Whilst I’m disappointed we’ve not taken any points it’s been the first time in a long time I’ve not felt like the opposition is going to score on every attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.