Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is gray starting every game?
We need wingers our attack is toothless and mcTrash isn’t going to help us.
We should have bought Dennis and Cornet
This is going to be a long season until lampard gets sacked
I’m telling you this now, they won’t pull up trees at Forest and West Ham

And Frank isn’t getting sacked so you can save your fan wank fantasy

Freeze! rock! freeze! rock! freeze! rock! freeze! rock!
(Blow!)

Freeze. Rock. Freeze. Rock. Freeze. Rock.​

8tracks is Radio, rediscovered - Freeze. Rock. Freeze. Rock. Freeze. Rock. () by rcjennings in Toronto | music tags: |​

8tracks

8tracks
71k followers

Villa proved you can play a back 4 and still get fullbacks high up the pitch, tactical masterclass from Gerrard today playing a diamond against our 2, taught Frank a lesson.

Again I`ll say Forest next Saturday is huge, the longer we go without picking up points the harder it becomes.

I think they played the double pivot and Camara was excellent.

When we actually pulled the finger out in the second half we caused them problems.

I think we’ll get better but we still need a few players and a few changes. Would love to see Dele get a run before I write him off/have notions of him being a missing link.

I think they played the double pivot and Camara was excellent.

When we actually pulled the finger out in the second half we caused them problems.

I think we’ll get better but we still need a few players and a few changes. Would love to see Dele get a run before I write him off/have notions of him being a missing link.
They played a midfield diamond, affectively they had 4 central midfield players against our 2.

The difference between Lampard and Gerrard clearly is Gerrard feels you can win games taking control of the midfield area and Frank feels you dont need to and you can win games in the wide or defensive areas. I hate to say it but I know which philosophy I`d go with and it isn`t Franks.

Villa proved you can play a back 4 and still get fullbacks high up the pitch, tactical masterclass from Gerrard today playing a diamond against our 2, taught Frank a lesson.

Again I`ll say Forest next Saturday is huge, the longer we go without picking up points the harder it becomes.
Master class? No chance. He had a better team at his disposal, against a side with no cf, or a proven goal threat.
He won’t face an easier opponent all
Season.
We can only hope this is the lowest point in terms of our team.
Couple of signings inc a cf and big lad in the team, and we will look a different proposition. Dcl up front today would have been a different game

I thought Tarkowski was very good today and Patterson good going forward and defending - that kid is only going to get better.
Like what I've seen from him mostly, but thought he was poor today backing off for the first goal and generally looked a tad slow.
Patterson is for sure promising.
Myko isn't a wing back
Generally prefer us with a back 4 but with the coady signing am expecting a 5 most weeks

They played a midfield diamond, affectively they had 4 central midfield players against our 2.

The difference between Lampard and Gerrard clearly is Gerrard feels you can win games taking control of the midfield area and Frank feels you dont need to and you can win games in the wide or defensive areas. I hate to say it but I know which philosophy I`d go with and it isn`t Franks.
Not sure on this think frank is happy play all styles but we need a striker !

Not sure on this think frank is happy play all styles but we need a striker !
I`m pretty sure it 5-2-3 for most of pre season and for the 1st two league games of this season albeit 10 mins v Villa where we looked better than at any point previously mentioned......

I like Frank and want him to be successful but if you cant get results ultimately you are not very good at your job and should be sacked...

Master class? No chance. He had a better team at his disposal, against a side with no cf, or a proven goal threat.
He won’t face an easier opponent all
Season.
We can only hope this is the lowest point in terms of our team.
Couple of signings inc a cf and big lad in the team, and we will look a different proposition. Dcl up front today would have been a different game
Gray awake would have done it. There was nothing in it other than Villa having a couple of players who knew where the net was. Centre Forward and half a dozen games it will be fine. Less of a mountain to climb than Man U

We were away from home so what do you expect?

Our players are mentally weak, which is understandable given that we accrued just 6 points from Benitez’s last 3 months in charge last season.

Frankly unless they have 40,000 blues cheering their every move they simply can’t perform. Pathetic really.

Like what I've seen from him mostly, but thought he was poor today backing off for the first goal and generally looked a tad slow.
Patterson is for sure promising.
Myko isn't a wing back
Generally prefer us with a back 4 but with the coady signing am expecting a 5 most weeks

I think Doucoure left him exposed but I agree that it was a bad one to concede.

Patterson is a lot taller than I realised and looked good today. No nonsense.

Myko wasn’t as effective today and looked a little lost at times.

I’m not expecting loads this season but improvement and a visible plan would be reassuring.

a dreadful decision to start gordon again up front. ridiculous. and then u rep what u sow.
Typos and txt speak notwithstanding ...

This, all day long.

Edit:
Also;
*in the manner of old style Points of View...why, oh why, oh why, do we have a Right Back playing with in a number 3 and Tarko on the Left in a number 2.
Who signed off on this?
Same person who Okayed the pointy rectangle badge probably
No wonder we can't win a game

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.