2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not even sure he is a championship player yet we are giving him the number 10, a new hair cut and calling him Gordon, he's shown me nothing other than he can run.
On the left yesterday he was dangerous. He is not a centre forward tho

Such hate for a player thrown into the deep end since he’s become a regular! Probably close to our best last season and now he’s been turned on because he’s not the finished product yet.
Once we have an actual striker and solid midfield I’m sure we’ll see him improve and hopefully become more clinical on goal. Shows a lot more than other regulars within this rebuilding squad.

The boo boys out for Gordon again, pathetic really!

Young player, playing out of position again, still putting in the effort, but you’re expecting him to play like Ronaldo

Looked much better when he was pushed to the left and we had two central attackers in Rondon and Dele to work off, also Onana driving from midfield.

He’s a good player, one that will work hard for the team, create chances and hopefully add more goals to his game.

It was the lack of forwards and the system that was the problem, not him.

Young player, playing out of position again, still putting in the effort, but you’re expecting him to play like Ronaldo

Looked much better when he was pushed to the left and we had two central attackers in Rondon and Dele to work off, also Onana driving from midfield.

He’s a good player, one that will work hard for the team, create chances and hopefully add more goals to his game.

He has no end product and his diving is embarrassing. If Newcastle are offering £30m+ then bite their hands off..

No I expect him to finish one of his chances yesterday if he is deemed to be an adequate replacement of Richy.

I think he is far better on the left than anywhere else

The problem is him and McNeil just dont offer enough gols to both be starting games.

Ideally you need 2 goalscorers on the pitch i.e Kane/Son, Mane/Salah, Haaland/Foden even Richarlison/DCL

Even if we bring in a CF or DCL stays fit we need another goal threat in the starting 11.

He has no end product and his diving is embarrassing. If Newcastle are offering £30m+ then bite their hands off..
I highly doubt they are, why would they for a player with apparently no end product that dives everywhere?

If they were willing to pay £30m there’d be a reason for that

No I expect him to finish one of his chances yesterday if he is deemed to be an adequate replacement of Richy.
Did Richy take all his chances and score every game?

Richy was better than Gordon no doubt, give Gordon a chance to get to that level and a run in his preferred left wing position

I highly doubt they are, why would they for a player with apparently no end product that dives everywhere?

If they were willing to pay £30m there’d be a reason for that

Howe spent big money (at the time) on Jordan Ibe who had no end product. He's iffy in the transfer market.

Gordon just needs to toughen up and cut out the theatrics but like Richy it seems to be the way he is, maybe Richy was just a bad influence in that sense but helped his game in others . The raw ability is there and he will run all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.