2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard painfully learning on the job.

1. Gordon isn't a CF
2. Myko isn't a wingback

2 glaring problems every supporter can see so why can't the manager ?

Same as last season with Kenny playing over Patterson then becoming some mad back up LB.

He does some mad tings he did it at Chelsea playing Kante further forward etc.

Just keep it simple and we'll do alright.

That's been the same for McNeil and Onana signings, but they still happened. The case for a striker was much more urgent and it hasn't been done.
That's right Dave, the club's that had McNeill and Onana were at the point where they thought our offer was the best on the table. We're obviously not quite at that point with the club's we are trying to deal with for a striker. What we have to keep in mind is that we can no longer just steam in and meet the asking price for a player and put a large initial payment down.

It really is poor though that we could let Richarlison go and, even though our only other credible striker has a worrying recent fitness record, not have a replacement lined up.

Anyone who turns on the manager when he has been handed these dire attacking options, is extremely deluded in my opinion and should be ignored
That's true. But there are other fans out there who never rated Lampard in the first place and they're not "turning" on him because of the lack of a striker. They are merely seeing their initial judgement compounded.

I am one of those - but I think the man needs to be given the whole season come what may. I think it's astounding that this club could, worst-case scenario, be in another relegation battle this season, but this appears to be likely. Is the club really going to depend on the passion of fans with blue flares to work the oracle again? If so, this is contemptuous of the loyalty of the fanbase. So, my position is simple: stay with Lampard (for good or ill). If he takes us down, so be it. This club never seems to learn under the current - and indeed previous - ownership. Lampard is, in all likelihood given the evidence of his career, nothing more than a name appointment. But the buck stops with the ownership. Let them take the brunt of any fan despair as this season turns badly sour.

No hiding place for Lampard this season.

By the end of the window, we'll have spent an awful lot of money and it'll be pretty much his squad.

A lot of people are now beginning to criticise him and the super Frank chants have stopped.

By the end of the window, we'll have spent an awful lot of money and it'll be pretty much his squad.

A lot of people are now beginning to criticise him and the super Frank chants have stopped.
He has spent less than has been brought in. Anyone criticising already is deluded and not much of an Evertonian

Can’t see him lasting. I think it’s foolish to go all in for him when it’s clear he’s doing a pretty poor job so far. It’s blind faith. Seriously needs to start putting some wins together and stop playing Gordon up front ffs. We may as well just forfeit games until, if, DCL comes back.

With a striker, we’d have a minimum of 2 points on the board imo. It’s not his fault we’ve not signed one.

There’s a clear plan, we look a lot more solid defensively but there’s not a lot he can do going forward with our lack of options.

We’ll be fine this season. Forest at home Saturday and then Fleetwood in the cup, we really, really do need to be winning those…

I’ve got faith Lampard will solve the problems we have if we just stay behind him, let a manager have some time to work through them for a change. He’s shown before he’ll be pragmatic if needed and change things about. Clement isn’t an idiot either. It will take time to transition to a different style of football some of these players haven’t played in a long time.

I’ve got faith Lampard will solve the problems we have if we just stay behind him, let a manager have some time to work through them for a change. He’s shown before he’ll be pragmatic if needed and change things about. Clement isn’t an idiot either. It will take time to transition to a different style of football some of these players haven’t played in a long time.

Thing is with giving people time that only works if we are clear of a relegation fight. The signs are that’s where we are heading again. Whether that’s all on Lampard is irrelevant.

I’d take comfortably bottom half this season and would consider that par for us given where we are. Then another summer to fix the issues and then do better next season. But if we flirting with under 20 points at the half way mark again the heat will be on. And rightly so.

Awful lot of money….. maybe if we splurge £50m on a striker!
Pretty much his squad? Yesterday we started with 3 of his signings, one of them a free another a loan and bought another off the bench.

No realistic choice other than to stay with Lampard

Give him this season and then evaluate. Hope and think he will be a good manager for us and has already proved that decent pros and young talent want to come and play for him. Not to be under rated that quality considering where we are in the league the last few seasons. His coaching team seems decent too as we have to start to actually improve players whilst they are here which is something we haven't done for years (most have gone the opposite way once they are here)

Get Gana and a decent striker in and hopefully all will be well and we'll have something to build on.

Hopefully DCL comes back soon, fit and strong and remains injury free for the season, but we cant ignore the fact that his recent injuries seems to suggest we would be foolish to rely on him. Consequently, a decent striker this window and probably an upgrade in Jan or next summer is a must.

If we lose to Forrest next week, watch as people do mental gymnastics to say 'ye but look at all the signings they've made'

So our signings 'need time' to bed in but they can upgrade their squad and get results immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.