2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's not going to stick with the same lineup because Onana will be fit, Gueye will hopefully be signed, and there should be a striker through the door too

We cannot be pressing the panic button after two games

Let’s hope so. But there’s a lot of ifs and maybes there

People are being very daft if they're panicking. It's only been two games, both of which we lost very narrowly and mainly down to rotten luck with injuries and VAR

Anywhere from 10th to 14th is an acceptable season for me, as long as there's signs that things are changing. There has been a little bit of evidence for that (levels of grit, buying younger players, Iwobi's turnaround) so it's wrong to be going for Frank. Our seasons never start properly until September, that's been case for years now sadly. Calm down.

People are being very daft if they're panicking. It's only been two games, both of which we lost very narrowly and mainly down to rotten luck with injuries and VAR

Anywhere from 10th to 14th is an acceptable season for me, as long as there's signs that things are changing. There has been a little bit of evidence for that (levels of grit, buying younger players, Iwobi's turnaround) so it's wrong to be going for Frank. Our seasons never start properly until September, that's been case for years now sadly. Calm down.
In fairness I've never stopped panicking really. I was against the Lampard appointment after Rafael. I don't see us progressing under him at all.

To be absolutley 100% clear - I completely support him until until such a point he gets us into danger. I'd stick with him for the rest of the season as long as we're not dancing on the trap door.

But Lampard has fallen asleep at the wheel here. No question about it. The Richarlison sale should have seen him demanding a replacement before any other business was completed, and his formation in both games (and his starting XI yesterday) were ridiculous. He's just not at the races yet.

It's not that he cant use tactics either. He got the better of Klopp last season in that derby and almost made up for the massive gulf in strength between the two teams.

….unless you’re privy to DOF/Manager discussions, you really don’t know what is happening behind the scenes, you just assume.

Team selections last season were bewildering, particularly Kenny getting game time ahead of Patterson but we survived. I’m actually ok with how much more solid we are but the attacking impotency reflects on all of the front three.

Simms much more of a threat than Rondon but he was released, I can only think they gambled on DCL remaining fit and a alternative coming in before the end of the window. i assume Lampard was onboard with the transfer strategy and prioritisation but the loss of DCL and the release of Simms has left us dreadfully exposed,

I can see us bringing two attackers in, one central striker & another who covers the front three.

We have a young manager and lots of young players in the team.

Its not an overnight fix.

It sadly requires patience from the fanbase, thankfully we do have quite a lot of patient fans, so im not really paying much attention to the vocal minority.

We have suffered 2 defeats to 2 teams who didnt really blow us away and we competed in both games, we just lacked a cutting edge.

Trust in the process, trust in the manager.

Or dont, keep saying Lampard is rubbish and at some point he will get sacked then you can tell everybody how right you are on the internet, while your football team struggles.

Supporting failure at this club is easy.

We have a young manager and lots of young players in the team.

Its not an overnight fix.

It sadly requires patience from the fanbase, thankfully we do have quite a lot of patient fans, so im not really paying much attention to the vocal minority.

We have suffered 2 defeats to 2 teams who didnt really blow us away and we competed in both games, we just lacked a cutting edge.

Trust in the process, trust in the manager.

Or dont, keep saying Lampard is rubbish and at some point he will get sacked then you can tell everybody how right you are on the internet, while your football team struggles.

Supporting failure at this club is easy.
You can support someone but be critical.

It's like walking and chewing gum.

Status
Not open for further replies.