Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Southampton out of these for me
based on two games
lol
Manchester United have been in relegation form since February of last year, and they've won only 12 points out of their last 15. Rangnick was supposed to become part of the football structure having been successful at building a team at RB Leipzig, but the Manchester United board have decided to sack Rangnick after Rangnick told everybody that the entire United squad needs to be gutted. Afterwards, the United board decided to sack their entire scouting team. They put a Woodward clone John Murtaugh in charge of transfers this season, somebody who has no football experience whatsoever, and Murtaugh has been chasing after Frankie De Jong the entire season while ignoring the rest of the transfer market. They have only gotten 3 signings in, all while letting go of 6 other players, so they have weakened their squad. Ronaldo has given up on the team and wants out. Their new manager Erik ten Hag seems to not have realised just how terrible the Manchester United team was; two weeks ago he was saying that their team was fine, now he is calling for a whole revamp of the entire squad, after ignoring Rangnick who was saying much the same thing 3-4 months ago. McTominey, Fred, and Maguire are still starters in United, and Eriksen and Martinez are being played out of position, where they are hopelessly out of depth. There is so much toxicity and incompetence in the entire United structure from the Glazers to the United board down to the players that they right now are basically a worse version of Everton under Benitez.

Nonsense.

Pogba did offered nothing in a red shirt and Cavani was long past his best. Fans reactionary screeching on an internet forum does not equate to United being in a relegation battle after 2 games anymore than it means Brentford and Newcastle will be in the UCL next season.
It's not two games, they were getting hammered by the likes of Brighton and Watford last season, they've also lost 7 away games in a row, including the most current game against Brentford.

Yeah but they haven't, Forest have held there own and the transfer work they have done is quality
Wow, not watching it then?…West Ham had a goal harshly disallowed in first half. On the Second half only for West Ham : 2 times their shots have hit the underside of the bar and bounced on the line, missed a penalty, Soucek missed a free header 5 yards out, 2 shots cleared off the line by neco Williams… so yes, they’ve battered them.

It's not two games, they were getting hammered by the likes of Brighton and Watford last season, they've also lost 7 away games in a row, including the most current game against Brentford.
Yet they still finished 6th place was it.

Battered by Brentford, sure; but there's no chance United are going to be in or around the relegation zone 35 games from now. Crazy shouts from lunatic reactionary fans who'll no doubt be dreaming of a Fergie-like era as soon as ETH wins a few games or they spank someone 5-nil.

My gut feeling before start of season was Fulham and Forest would stay up, solid starts for both but long old season for them.

Think I went for Southampton, Leeds and Bournemouth to be relegated so again Leeds started well although Southampton don't look great and their attack looks quite toothless bar Aribo scoring a nice goal.

Going to be tougher than last season as certainly dosen't look like they'll be two teams adrift by February like Norwich and Watford were.

West Ham have absolutely battered them in the second half and quite easily could of scored 5 goals in this 2nd half alone. Wait for the novelty of a new league to wear off and an injury or 2 and we will see how good they are

Forest have bought a new team, it'll be difficult to gel. What they have going for them is the novelty of a passionate home crowd (i.e. Brentford last year or Sheff United when they first came up). I'd guess they'll finish above 3 teams but i'd expect us to be well above them. They could go down.

Fulham look like they might do okay, Bournemouth will go down.

I don't think there's a lot between the likes of Southampton, Leeds, Everton, Villa, Wolves, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford. It's a thin line between mid table and a relegation scrap, particularly if Fulham and Forest do well. That only leaves the big 6 and then West Ham and Leicester and even they've started badly.

Take away the big 6 (and even make that 5 with United) and there's barely a cigarette packet between most of the rest. It comes down to good and bad management

Last edited:
Yet they still finished 6th place was it.

Battered by Brentford, sure; but there's no chance United are going to be in or around the relegation zone 35 games from now. Crazy shouts from lunatic reactionary fans who'll no doubt be dreaming of a Fergie-like era as soon as ETH wins a few games or they spank someone 5-nil.
Everybody said the same thing about Everton last season.

I don't think you'll find many Everton fans talking of an era of success and trophies under Senor Benny Cockwomble, however I think you will find a hell of a lot of us who saw nothing but a long a tough season ahead down the bottom third of the league - especially when you factor the collapse under Carlo in the second half of his last season.

United were hopeless all last season and still finished 6th. Worst comes to the worst and they'd sack Ten Hag well before Christmas (as they did with Mourinho and we should have done with Benitez) and get a new manager effect and then spend big in Jan.

Iv
Forest have bought a new team, it'll be difficult to gel. What they have going for them is the novelty of a passionate home crowd (i.e. Brentford last year or Sheff United when they first came up). I'd guess they'll finish above 3 teams but i'd expect us to be well above them. They could go down.

Fulham look like they might do okay, Bournemouth will go down.

I don't think there's a lot between the likes of Southampton, Leeds, Everton, Villa, Wolves, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford. It's a thin line between mid table and a relegation scrap, particularly if Fulham and Forest do well. That only leaves the big 6 and then West Ham and Leicester and even they've started badly.

Take away the big 6 (and even make that 5 with United) and there's barely a cigarette packet between most of the rest. It comes down to good and bad management
I’ve been saying that, apart from the top 6 any one could have the possibility to go down, very weird season, no one has good teams right now

Manchester United have been in relegation form since February of last year, and they've won only 12 points out of their last 15. Rangnick was supposed to become part of the football structure having been successful at building a team at RB Leipzig, but the Manchester United board have decided to sack Rangnick after Rangnick told everybody that the entire United squad needs to be gutted. Afterwards, the United board decided to sack their entire scouting team. They put a Woodward clone John Murtaugh in charge of transfers this season, somebody who has no football experience whatsoever, and Murtaugh has been chasing after Frankie De Jong the entire season while ignoring the rest of the transfer market. They have only gotten 3 signings in, all while letting go of 6 other players, so they have weakened their squad. Ronaldo has given up on the team and wants out. Their new manager Erik ten Hag seems to not have realised just how terrible the Manchester United team was; two weeks ago he was saying that their team was fine, now he is calling for a whole revamp of the entire squad, after ignoring Rangnick who was saying much the same thing 3-4 months ago. McTominey, Fred, and Maguire are still starters in United, and Eriksen and Martinez are being played out of position, where they are hopelessly out of depth. There is so much toxicity and incompetence in the entire United structure from the Glazers to the United board down to the players that they right now are basically a worse version of Everton under Benitez.

i’m an everton fan mate

Status
Not open for further replies.