Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I get the Broja thing; I don't remember him doing anything memorable whilst on loan at Southampton last season.

Sounds a bit like this year's version of Mitrovic, when some on here were going big over him.

Doubt very much whether the club are waiting on him/Chelsea or if he's even a target / available; suspect it's more wishful thinking on here.

Course if we do sign him and he's brilliant, then I never said the above...
Again mitrovic, we had a chance to sign him last year . People were disgusted that we were linked to someone like mitrovic.

We are now linked to che Adams and we don't have a striker.

and by 'half of football' you mean Newcastle with 1 rumoured bid a month ago and a current baseless link to free spending Chelsea.

Well if you know your history…..he had a strong option from Bayern before signing his first professional deal, was more thinking Spurs, this Chelsea link - don’t take Newcastle seriously, he’s not moving sideways.

It’s like this, if we sign a young player at Gordon’s age, we think “we’re signing potential, they will only get better”, we bring him through our academy and 6 months into being a starter it’s “sell, no end product”. Instead sign one of Chelsea’s young players because “they have huge potential”.

It’s not even stupid, it’s thick - to sell him.

Really, if one or more top clubs want Gordon for a sizeable fee, especially as Lampard seems to rate him, then there's a good chance there's a player in there, so we shouldn't sell. If nobody much wants him, then we shouldn't sell, just for chicken feed. The only viable sale option is if some desperate/idiot mid-table club offers a ridiculous amount. Not massively likely, I'd guess, though happy to be proven wrong.

Well if you know your history…..he had a strong option from Bayern before signing his first professional deal, was more thinking Spurs, this Chelsea link - don’t take Newcastle seriously, he’s not moving sideways.

It’s like this, if we sign a young player at Gordon’s age, we think “we’re signing potential, they will only get better”, we bring him through our academy and 6 months into being a starter it’s “sell, no end product”. Instead sign one of Chelsea’s young players because “they have huge potential”.

It’s not even stupid, it’s thick - to sell him.
It's not thick or stupid to sell a player who currently has little-to-no end product but runs around a lot for a £40-50m fee which could be used to add much-needed quality in a number of positions. Pretty much every player at every club has their price, never mind a kid with "potential" who has had barely 1 season of first team football under his belt.

I've no doubt the deal will not happen, but Chelsea is a clear set up from us as is Spurs right now, and Newcastle are very much on an upwards trajectory and going places. You'd have to be a die-hard blue or low ambition player to want to stay at a club that could well be treading water for a couple of years if you had the chance to play for a UCL level club, with all the wages that come with it.

The certain superstars almost universally insist on going to Champions League teams. So whatever money you spend, you are spending it on guys that the best teams are not chasing. The play is to try to identify young guys with upside that might become stars. Guys like Gordon.

It's not thick or stupid to sell a player who currently has little-to-no end product but runs around a lot for a £40-50m fee which could be used to add much-needed quality in a number of positions. Pretty much every player at every club has their price, never mind a kid with "potential" who has had barely 1 season of first team football under his belt.

I've no doubt the deal will not happen, but Chelsea is a clear set up from us as is Spurs right now, and Newcastle are very much on an upwards trajectory and going places. You'd have to be a die-hard blue or low ambition player to want to stay at a club that could well be treading water for a couple of years if you had the chance to play for a UCL level club, with all the wages that come with it.

Oh it’s thick alright. Why to clubs of such a high caliber want him, they see it and a lot of this clubs own fans don’t. 40-50 mill, they can keep it, so so short sighted. Every player has a price, Anthony unless we progress will outgrow this club, but be for more then 40-50 million.

It’s thick all right, I see people saying what an incredible deal it would be to swap with Broja; 6 goals and 1 assist in 32 games, Gordon 4 and 2 playing out wide (in his wrong position).

If the bid is true, Chelsea like Spurs before them, smell blood in the water, either for finance or know we have a limited scope budget - I suspect the latter, as i imagine we’ve been in dialogue with them around deals an€ they have a strong sense of our limits - this has probably come up as a result.

Id like to think the club isn’t this thick and realise they already have the golden egg mate.

Last edited:
Any truth to the reports that Chelsea have, in fact, put in a £40m bid today? That seems difficult to resist when you need to strengthen attack and the current transfer options are mostly unproven or can’t find time at their current clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.