2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate this is an Evertonian created myth about our own fans. Seriously, go to any ground and every club give their own players pelters.
I'm a long term match going supporter and I know what I've seen and heard over the years mate. I recall even Peter Reid copping for it in his last year or two at our club. Dave Watson also had a spell as a boo boy.

Well not necessarily.

Us getting £50m in from a player that is pure profit might free us up to go and spend £80m on Terrier, Gibbs-White and Broja from a P&L perspective.

Or what if we got £45m and Broja on loan for example?
50m plus a loan for me.

We need to absolutely fleece Chelsea. They've set their own market this year with the crazy fee to Brighton.

I do still prefer to keep the player but we seem to be in a mess so I doubt we can.

I dont want MGW because he is not a goalscorer at this level. And 40m is a crazy price tag for him.

Pulisic is an interesting shout - Lampard was gushing over him in an interview a few weeks back and talking as if he was his manager.

@TheBigIguana
I think Pulisic is a superb player, hugely underrated - or at least, hugely under used, and would be a phenomal addition. Can't see it happening though. There's no chance a possible relegation candidate pulls that deal off ahead of a host of clubs around Europe with UCL/Europa football to offer who would no doubt be lining up for him.

It's a very fair point. The counter would be, if you get better players into the team, Gordon also improves. More assists, more chances made for him etc.

Any semi decent striker gets the tap in Rondon didnt get on the end of from his shot yesterday for example
That's true. It's just that Everton ultimately are probably in catch 22 here.

If we don't sell, then we can get players in but they may be of limited quality and quantity. Maybe 2-3 more (a midfielder, hopefully Gana, and a forward player or two), but they'd be on the cheap side/loans etc.

If we do sell, we can probably go and get 2-3 very very good players, and perhaps even we may have a loan from Chelsea thrown in as well?

It's all hypothetical and we'll see.

I'm on the fence with it. I think £50m is too much to turn down personally, but if he stays it's also fine with me.

I'd be as hard faced as possible if we were to sell by asking for £40m plus Broja and Gallagher on loan with option to buy. If you don't ask you don't get.

I think Pulisic is a superb player, hugely underrated - or at least, hugely under used, and would be a phenomal addition. Can't see it happening though. There's no chance a probably relegation candidate pulls that deal off ahead of a host of clubs around Europe with UCL/Europa football to offer who would no doubt be lining up for him.
He played his best football under Lampard. He would get excellent game time in a World Cup year. I could easily see him being interested in Everton on a season long loan.

If reports of 40-50 mill are true then we gotta take it, I just can’t see him developing much more, he has no composure in front of goal, his set pieces are woeful & his positioning awareness awful, let’s be honest these are the fundamental basics you expect from a player in the premiership by 21, he has pace & some skill but so did Callum Mcmanaman (who he reminds me of) at Wigan, just can’t see why some supporters hype him up.

Everyone is entitled to their view, but honestly his scoring ratio is pretty solid. He scores about as many as he should do from Xg. He is an excellent dribbler, works very hard, presses well etc.

Hes clearly a very special player. It's not our fans who have bid 42m for him, but professional people in football, who can clearly see he is an outstanding talent.

I said months ago, people would bid over 30m for him. I stand by that, and have been proven wholly correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.