2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a fair number of these social media blues are pushing this as a good deal and how we accept the situation we are in then he’s gone. At first I thought it was just gossip but reading the usual folk who play a part in pushing narratives I think it’s a matter of time now.

I know, they could be simply giving their opinion. I can’t prove it but my gut instinct is some of these are freelance club plants on the side.

The prospect of moving into Bramley Moore Dock with us playing in the Championship is utterly terrifying - and potentially catastrophic for the club

It's hard to be principled when the stakes are so high

So selling one of our top prospects, to play transfer roulette improves us - that’s far from a given, with the numbers flying around, one Gordon get you two Dwight McNeills - besides there is only two and half weeks left if this window, half a Jan transfer window.

It’s a hard no for me mate.

If Lampard is looking at the squad as a whole and thinking that the targets he and Thelwill want to bring in would transform the team whilst minimizing the loss of Gordon, then it's a sound move to shift Gordon. We could bring in 3 players for that money.

What kind of players tho? Quality impact players cost a substantial amount mate.

If I took my car to the dealership tomorrow and they offered 20k I'd sign the papers as fast as I could before they realized they'd screwed up
But decent dealerships tend to know what a car is worth. Our own local dealership has had Boycie in charge for too long though - made pricing errors on loads of occasions!

What really disappoints me , is how many posters on here give him incessant stick , when he is one of our home grown players. Yet , Chelsea , Spurs and Newcastle ( 2CL clubs) want him and think he is worth 40-50 million quid.
What the hell are some of our fans watching when we play ?.
That said , if we can use him as leverage for 2 or 3 of their players , of our choice , then maybe .

What really disappoints me , is how many posters on here give him incessant stick , when he is one of our home grown players. Yet , Chelsea , Spurs and Newcastle ( 2CL clubs) want him and think he is worth 40-50 million quid.
That said , if we can use him as leverage for 2 or 3 of their players , of our choice , then maybe .

I thought his end product needs work and I don’t like his rolling around antics. Still having said that I always want him to do well for us.

How far is this 50 mil going to spread for the quality we need in today’s transfer market?

A genuine fan would want to keep him. But given the situation the club is in, any package of around £50 million is simply too good to turn down and any deal will likely involve players plus cash.

Chelsea are in a situation where they can blood a youngster, Spurs too

We’re not, we’re probably in a struggle to stay up, and a young forward who doesn’t score is not going to help us stay up.

People say he’s the reason we stayed up last season but that’s nonsense, he was starting every week. If he had bagged a few we wouldn’t have been in a fight in the first place.

There’s 11 places in the team, 3 maximum up top, having a player fill one of them slots that has never showed the ability to contribute to goals is not a luxury we can afford right now.

What I’ll say to everyone bricking it is just this simple comparison of statistics last season.

Anthony Gordon - 40 games, 4 goals, 3 assists in all competitions.

Andros Townsend - 27 games, 7 goals, 4 assists in all competitions.

Demarai Gray - 39 games, 6 goals, 5 assists in all competitions.

Anyone saying he’s somehow irreplaceable or anything like that is utterly insane. Anyone losing their mind over this has me puzzled quite honestly, do you honestly realise how one sided this transfer would be in our favour?

I know he’s a young player and can improve but you can literally see last season that he was outperformed by a free transfer and a £1.5m player. In what world is that someone who’s worth losing out on potentially £50m for.

He’s only a few months younger than McNeil, even if you think he’s better than McNeil is he £35m better than him? Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.