2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really disappoints me , is how many posters on here give him incessant stick , when he is one of our home grown players. Yet , Chelsea , Spurs and Newcastle ( 2CL clubs) want him and think he is worth 40-50 million quid.
What the hell are some of our fans watching when we play ?.
That said , if we can use him as leverage for 2 or 3 of their players , of our choice , then maybe .
Utter dross and a strike force that can’t score a goal between them.

Chelsea are in a situation where they can blood a youngster, Spurs too

We’re not, we’re probably in a struggle to stay up, and a young forward who doesn’t score is not going to help us stay up.

People say he’s the reason we stayed up last season but that’s nonsense, he was starting every week. If he had bagged a few we wouldn’t have been in a fight in the first place.

There’s 11 places in the team, 3 maximum up top, having a player fill one of them slots that has never showed the ability to contribute to goals is not a luxury we can afford right now.

I think you'll find we have three players filling those slots who can't score at the moment.

A genuine fan would want to keep him. But given the situation the club is in, any package of around £50 million is simply too good to turn down and any deal will likely involve players plus cash.
Great sell him only one with pace ,we will break out like dad's army

Selling Gordon to get a two bob striker in.

Welcome to Everton FC 2022.
Surely if we do sell, it won't be just a big lump of non scoring striker. Our Kev might be able to squeeze every last penny out of that 50 million. Unless Bill's in control then we have an Arteta mk2 moment where he's sold at 10.59 on the 31st.

Great sell him only one with pace ,we will break out like dad's army
Gordon doesn’t get near Gray for pace but that’s not the be all and end all.

For £50 million, Gordon must be sold, it’s a no brainier. If you’re concerned about a lack of pace we could sign someone like Adama Traore for £10 million, which wouldn’t weaken the current team in anyway and then invest the other £40 million more wisely.

Selling Gordon to get a two bob striker in.

Welcome to Everton FC 2022.
Feels like we’re getting played again and that all these proclaimations about the next two weeks and judgement at the end of the window were based on this sale.

The fella who talked Moshiri into staying on knows this script well and it seems knows exactly how to play Evertonians who are sadly lapping it up.

Utter nonsense in here about a sale of Gordon being nothing to do with Lampard.

I mean WTaF?!

These are the same people who were screaming blue murder 8 months ago at the *fat Spanish waiter* selling Digne.

Do me a 'kin favour will you?
It’s almost as if there was a hire made in that time period that is what people are talking about. Stop trying to play ignorant as if we don’t have a DoF at the club.

It’s very clear that he’s the one in charge of transfers, I’m sure Lampard has an opinion but he obviously doesn’t have final say one way or the other. None of our signings so far have had anything to do with Lampard in an official sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.