2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or....

Maybe...

And I know this is a bit 'out there'

Maybe, just maybe fans can have different opinions.

Imagine that.
maxresdefault.jpg

I'd love to know what Championship club's would pony up a few mil for 30-odd year old Allan let alone be willing to match/improve Gomes' reported £120k a week wage. (Assuming either of those two would want to drop down a level, which I doubt they would).

Keane possibly with West Ham rumour but I think that ship has long sailed.

EDIT - might help if I read 'slower leagues' properly instead of 'lower leagues', but ya get the point.
There's enough money in Spain, France, Italy, Germany and even Holland.

I personally think they could both do a swell job in any of those leagues. Alan isn't old for his position just slow.

I think Keane would have options , HG, 28, played for England and some big clubs, worked under some great coaches.

One team has supposedly bid for him, the same team who comically overpaid for cucarella or whatever his name is. Where are all these other world class teams cuing up to sign him ?

Newcastle, led by Dan Ashworth, widely considered the wealthiest team in the world, also bid.
Likely other interest, but tends to be narrowed down to 1/2 teams.

Most top teams would be very interested in Antony Gordon, as is shown by a world class team Chelsea, former European champions going massively for him.

Yup. How could we possibly replace those 4 goals in 51 appearances with £50m. 'Impossible' as the French say........
What ridiculous logic this is. If we had a really promising academy star would you suggest we sell them purely because they've only scored in the u21 league???

When you sell a player you not only lose what they have contributed but what they possibly could contribute in the future.

There's enough money in Spain, France, Italy, Germany and even Holland.

I personally think they could both do a swell job in any of those leagues. Alan isn't old for his position just slow.

I think Keane would have options , HG, 28, played for England and some big clubs, worked under some great coaches.

Can see Villa enquiring about Keane on loan after they lost a CB against us.

He has been a key man for us, a match winner, our best attacking player this season
Im guessing you mean last season? He was key for us, and i love how much he wanted to work for the team. He was not our best attacking player tho and certainly not a regular match winner. We already sold that player to Spurs. His fight was inspirational and helped us over the line, no doubt about that.

Id like us to keep him, but for the money mentioned i think it would be borderline neglectful to not sell him. He doesnt really score or assists enough to be a starter. Compare him to Richarlison at the same age, he scored 13 PL goals his first season with us at the same age Gordon is now. I dont see how Gordon is worth anything similar to what we paid for Richy based on that alone. So far Ive seen nothing to make me think Gordon is going to develop into a winger who scores or assists much.
Being quick and willing to work is imo not enough.

If we sell for 50ish mill, that amazing business for us. If we keep him and develop him, its great for us to have a local lad who knows what wearing the shirt means who hopefully can add goals and assists to his game.
As Evertonians we cant really lose here.

Status
Not open for further replies.